Contribute
Register

About to do new FULL ATX Build Wanted buying advice on what Z390 full ATX board to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z390M-PRO GAMING (WI-FI)
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
From what I can tell None of them have working WIFI and BT out of the box and require add in PCIE card is that accurate?

What one is the more stable and problem free. I have a MATX Build but I want to build a Full ATX for the office here soon and was wondering what you guys thought? I'm partial to ASUS myself But I see a lot of Gigabyte boards recommended.

TB3 isn't a must for me I don't have any devices that require it. Would be nice but NOT a deal breaker.

CPU will be 9900k

GPU will be either Vega 64 or 5700XT Sapphire brand

Plan on using a DuneCase

From what I can tell None of them have working WIFI and BT out of the box and require add in PCIE card is that accurate?

What one is the more stable and problem free. I have a MATX Build but I want to build a Full ATX for the office here soon and was wondering what you guys thought? I'm partial to ASUS myself But I see a lot of Gigabyte boards recommended.

TB3 isn't a must for me I don't have any devices that require it. Would be nice but NOT a deal breaker.

CPU will be 9900k

GPU will be either Vega 64 or 5700XT Sapphire brand

Plan on using a DuneCase

I know that Gigabyte whitelists their CNVi port to only work with CNVi Wi-Fi/Bluetooth cards. Asus owners have successfully swapped out their included CNVi cards for macOC compatible cards.

If I had known about this, I would have gone with an Asus myself...

Btw, do you still have your Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming motherboard? If yes, I have native NVRAM working on mine.

I know that Gigabyte whitelists their CNVi port to only work with CNVi Wi-Fi/Bluetooth cards. Asus owners have successfully swapped out their included CNVi cards for macOC compatible cards.

If I had known about this, I would have gone with an Asus myself...

Btw, do you still have your Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming motherboard? If yes, I have native NVRAM working on mine.
Actually I do have it still I believe. I have to say I do prefer ASUS
I was thinking about ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING

Actually I do have it still I believe. I have to say I do prefer ASUS
I was thinking about ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING

The big advantage to Asus Z390 motherboards is that the CNVi cards can be replaced with macOS compatible one. This is not possible on Gigabyte motherboards.

Recent developments from acidanthera has given Z390 motherboards native NVRAM. I'm using it with my Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming along with the latest BIOS and I finally have stability with that motherboard. I think I'd been trying for about 9 months to get that motherboard stable.

with boards from Asia have replaceable cnvi cards? Haven’t seen any on the Asus boards. So much is hidden under all these decorative heat spreaders now days.

Yeah, there are a few guys who have reported successfully replacing the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card with macOS compatible ones on Asus Z390 motherboards. There was also at least one confirmation from an ASRock Z390 motherboard user.

Only stupid Gigabyte blocks it...

Yes, the boards are often hidden underneath the "I/O shields"...

Hmm I think I might give that board a shot and save the money. Is it possible to do duel NVMe drive in a Raid0? And do you think it would be stable? I think that this is what Apple is doing the ones in the new Mac Pro.

As far as I know, the motherboard RAID is not supported in macOS.

I believe the new Mac Pros use the T2 as a RAID controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back