GTX 660
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All sorry WHEN I format things wrongly here, I never use forums, but this one is just so cuddly. So here is what Im planning as a cheap and easy (I hope) build, would love to hear your suggestions. Also, would ASUS motherboards be better, is raid a big deal etc? I mainly edit video and general- use type work on my Apple. So....

500watt power
GA-B75M-D3H board
i5-3450
Corsair Vengance 16gb (2x8gb)
Seagate Barracuda 500.
inc case total cost is 489.00 euro (which sadly works out the same if i buy from new egg with shipping conversion etc...)

I know the board is the commercial thing, but i have noticed others having an easy install. It has no raid but...
I have deliberately planed it so that everything can be upgraded. Oh I have a DVD already, and peripherals etc.
Is the onboard graphics going to work, or will I need a card straight off?
Thanks again and hi to all, and sorry if I don't get this right....but I learn quick.

Ahh, I wondered why the other chips were not mentioned, I assumed it was a preference instead of a requirement. I had no info on the graphics output on the i5. Sooo, whats best go for the top i5k chip or mount a graphics card? any advice on the motherboard? I looked at a few posts saying it was an easy board, but im not sure. Thanks everyone.

Well, it depends on your budget, but if you're not in a hurry, you could wait for the new Core i3-3225 which will have HD 4000 graphics, it should be out before the end of September. Either which way, it's going to be cheaper to get the i5-3570K than spending $100 on a GeForce GT 640 which is currently the most affordable, recommended card that's hassle free to install.

The motherboard is fine.

Well, it depends on your budget, but if you're not in a hurry, you could wait for the new Core i3-3225 which will have HD 4000 graphics, it should be out before the end of September. Either which way, it's going to be cheaper to get the i5-3570K than spending $100 on a GeForce GT 640 which is currently the most affordable, recommended card that's hassle free to install.

The motherboard is fine.

Hey, thanks for your help, considering its just a little more, I will go the 3570k route for now..but I guess that means buying a motherboard more capable for over clocking? hmmm, just not sure as for now I am a noob, so I just want to see it run...Although I hear this board gets sleep mode quite easily. Thanks again.

Unless you're putting in some odd add-in cards, which appear to be certain FireWire cards at the moment, sleep and wake works just fine on all the Gigabyte UEFI boards.

Just bought half the stuff, went for a z77-DS3H mainboard, i5-3570k, 16gb corsair ram, a crappy case but came with power. 500gb HDD, just to get it in the air. Now I have to figure out how to install, I must be old, as Im sure the info is on here......somewhere........!

Check who made it and see if it has PCF, I don't know where you live, so it's a bit hard to say if it's utter crap, or just crap.
A handful of cases ship with usable PSU's, but generally they're not ATX cases.
In fact, there was a company selling PSU's in Sweden (I think they still are selling them) which has a lump of cement in them... :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back