I7 9700KF
Graphics
Gigabyte RX 570 4GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I updated to Big Sur from Catalina and everything is working. I have one problem so far and I think this is only cosmetic. When I click About this Mac, it shows incorrect information. Like "Default String" as the serial number, "Mac" is the name and it does not recognize my CPU. I use Opencore 0.6.3 as my bootloader. How can I correct these issue?
iMacPro1,1 is the SMBIOS that I'm using.
Thanks!
aboutmac.png
screenshot_79.png

You are missing some stuff in the PlatformInfo section. The Opencore guide will tell you how to generate a serial number. Are you having any issue with iMessage/Facetime connecting? Not having the serial number will usually cause this.

You are missing some stuff in the PlatformInfo section. The Opencore guide will tell you how to generate a serial number. Are you having any issue with iMessage/Facetime connecting? Not having the serial number will usually cause this.
I agree but some what surprise by such important omissions in the config.plist, looking at the members profile and the date of being a member, one would think such a mistake would be noobie one. Not a hard judgement just bewildered.

I agree but some what surprise by such important omissions in the config.plist, looking at the members profile and the date of being a member, one would think such a mistake would be noobie one. Not a hard judgement just bewildered.
Being a member here for a long time does not make anybody an expert. You cannot judge anybody here. If you look closely at the photo, I have a serial number in there. I generated a new serial number when I created a new config with Opencore Configurator. Anyway, it's fixed now. Opencore Configurator added "3841" in the Processor type box and I'm wondering why it did that and that's what screwed my information.

Being a member here for a long time does not make anybody an expert. You cannot judge anybody here. If you look closely at the photo, I have a serial number in there. I generated a new serial number when I created a new config with Opencore Configurator. Anyway, it's fixed now. Opencore Configurator added "3841" in the Processor type box and I'm wondering why it did that and that's what screwed my information.

I am on Big Sur 11.01 & OC 0.6.3 and it has a "0" in the ProcessorType field.

Hi - I concur, but may I say OC Developers adamantly criticises the use of OC Configurator as it unknowingly adds unwanted data to the config.plist as you've undoubtedly found out. @MACAK rightly pointed out "0" in the ProcessorType field (without the quotes) is the correct setting the OC developers coded to read as Auto.

Sorry if you felt my post was harsh, that was not my intention and if you felt it was then I'm sorry also I am very, very far from the expert description but I tend to follow the Developers recommendations so that if or when I fall down following their directions, I can send them a bug report informing them of a flawed path.

Hope you're appease by my explanation and hope you enjoy the OC Big Sur experience.

Hi - I concur, but may I say OC Developers adamantly criticises the use of OC Configurator as it unknowingly adds unwanted data to the config.plist as you've undoubtedly found out. @MACAK rightly pointed out "0" in the ProcessorType field (without the quotes) is the correct setting the OC developers coded to read as Auto.

Sorry if you felt my post was harsh, that was not my intention and if you felt it was then I'm sorry also I am very, very far from the expert description but I tend to follow the Developers recommendations so that if or when I fall down following their directions, I can send them a bug report informing them of a flawed path.

Hope you're appease by my explanation and hope you enjoy the OC Big Sur experience.
yes, using opencore configurator is probably not the best way to go, PlistEditPro is what I use :)

Absolutely Sir.
also clover configurator was a waste of space, although handy at the time to generate appropriate smbios info, then save that as a separate plist file, then copy and paste that info to your proper config.plist with plisteditpro :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back