Graphics
HD3k & Radeon 6450M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
i was bored yesterday and I thought "hey, wouldn't it be nice if in "about this mac" windows we would see our laptop instead of MacBook Pro ?" so i run up pixelmator looked for this MBP icon and after ~4 hours (im not really gifted) this was born:

About.png

in Zip you have all files as well as project if anyone want to edit it.
icons are in /System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents you need to substitute com.apple.macbookpro-15 (or 17)-unibody (file is not visible) with one i uploaded
PS. Is there anyone who knows how to change the "MacBook Pro" title in window ?

Attachments

• ProBook Icon.zip
    1,005.8 KB · Views: 144
That really looks awesome.
But would you mind making the tutorial on how to do it, kind of tutorial.

waqarhassanpk said:
That really looks awesome.
But would you mind making the tutorial on how to do it, kind of tutorial.

Download the zip archive and expand it. You have to find out your Display Size, click Apple in menu bar and select "About This Mac" in window click "More info..." you will see whether your "MacBook" is 15 or 17 inches. Go to the expanded folder and rename "ProBook4530s" to "com.apple.macbookpro-[Your screen size without brackets]-unibody".

You will need to make hidden files visible (there are apps for that, and even ProBook installer gives you one). Click on desktop and from menu bar select Go>Go to folder, Type in or just paste : "/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources", Find file with com.apple.... name and either rename it or delete it. then Move just renamed icon into the folder that opened, Finder will ask for Your permission, Log out, log back in and it is done.

Yes,It looks nice :clap: :clap: :clap:

Does anyone know why my about this mac window shows a 13in macbook pro not 15in. Is there a way to correct it. Thanks

Does anyone know why my about this mac window shows a 13in macbook pro not 15in. Is there a way to correct it. Thanks
Just get in Multibeast/Customization/System Definitions/ and choose the one you prefer ;)

This is what i managed to do till now :D
Screen Shot 2012-05-13 at 13.01.01.png
Screen Shot 2012-05-13 at 13.02.20.png
I need help with changing the default iMac image with this:
Sistema-Videosorveglianza-ARTECO-6000.jpg
and help changing the default display image in About this Mac/More Info/Displays with this
26-samsung2.jpg
Sorry for posting in a laptop-related topic,but i've seen your post and it's a wonderful idea!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-05-13 at 13.01.01.png
    Screen Shot 2012-05-13 at 13.01.01.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 400
  • Screen Shot 2012-05-13 at 13.02.20.png
    Screen Shot 2012-05-13 at 13.02.20.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,300
  • Sistema-Videosorveglianza-ARTECO-6000.jpg
    Sistema-Videosorveglianza-ARTECO-6000.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 267
  • 26-samsung2.jpg
    26-samsung2.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 301
I made icons for you, so you only have to replace default ones, enable viewing hidden files and go to : "/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources" and you need to find "com.apple.cinema-display.icns" replace it with samsung icon, then the same with arteco icon, i think this icon will be "com.apple.imac-unibody-27". logout, log in, and it should be done.

Attachments

• Icons.zip
    599.7 KB · Views: 86
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back