Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,
I successfully installed Snow Leopard 10.6.3 on my System with QE/CI.
My Specs:
Intel Core i5 750
Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3
Sapphire Radein HD 4890 1GB DDR5
My Problem:
When I look into About this Mac or System Profiler it says 2.7 GHz Intel core i5 but my Processor has 2.67 GHz.

Can anyone help me?

I want to know too. And also how to make it read core i5 without using Gigabeast. I am using just the vanilla iBoot. I have the SMcputype=1537 in my smbios already but I still have unknown processor.

B-rad said:
I want to know too. And also how to make it read core i5 without using Gigabeast. I am using just the vanilla iBoot. I have the SMcputype=1537 in my smbios already but I still have unknown processor.

If you're using 10.6.2, it will say unknown. From 10.6.3 on, the smcputype trick works for i5 and i7. The default in GigaBeast is i5- but you can select either under smbios.plist in Advanced Options. ;)

tonymacx86 said:
B-rad said:

If you're using 10.6.2, it will say unknown. From 10.6.3 on, the smcputype trick works for i5 and i7. The default in GigaBeast is i5- but you can select either under smbios.plist in Advanced Options. ;)

Are you sure there's no way to fix this yes, cosmetic bug, under 10.6.2? I've reinstalled twice over the past 6 hours (or something insane like that). I had had 10.6.3 on that partition but I lost audio. I tried to get audio back, but I couldn't find a solution that worked for me. It's been an annoying past few hours. >_>

I'm new here btw. This is my first post. ^.^.

Tony, I have basically have the same specs as you do, except for different RAM and GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back