Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey Guys,

So, I've got my hackintosh running with Mountain Lion 10.8.0, but whenever I go to 'About This Mac' in the menu under the Apple logo it freezes for a few seconds and then logs me out :banghead:. Although I can access 'About This Mac's' 'More Info' menu via 'System Information' > 'Window' > 'About This Mac' but I'd like to get my system fully working and I use this feature alot so it would be very useful to me if this shortcut would work. :)

Any help appreciated. :D

-Bens56

Please list your systems components and how you installed Mountain Lion. TIA. (You haven't given us enough information to start helping you.)

Hello, i have the same problem.
When i updated my BIOS for my GA-Z68x-UD4-B3 from u1c to u1e when i press "About this mac" it logs me out.
I cant even sleep.

Did someone else had the same issues? Is there any fix?
Thanks!

Same problem here with GA-Z68X-UD3H

Funny thing - it was working fine ( I upgraded to ML over the weekend ) and it was working so well - and smoothly, that I decided to modify my BIOS to UEFI.

This problem began immediately after I upgraded from F9 to UEFI U1D (GA-P67A-UD3-B3) ( I use that option frequently to figure out the devices - via system profiler).

I wonder if this is UEFI related ???

I rolled back my UEFI to Award Bios (P67A-UD3-B3 F9 Bios from U1d UEFI ) - and this started working.

I also noticed some other quirks with UEFI, like it was unable to report how much memory my system has (some error would be displayed).

I think I am done experimenting with Beta Bios from Gigabyte.

Since you guys have UEFI "BIOSes", why don't you give an UEFI bootloader such as Clover a try? I've got no issues my GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with Clover running as an UEFI bootloader (it is also possible to run it in "an emulation mode" on top of normal BIOS just like Chameleon/Chimera does, but that's not what I'm talking about here).

You can install Clover on a FAT32 formatted flash drive, configure everything and once it runs fine, create a small FAT32 partition on your HDD/SSD, copy the contents of your flash drive there and direct your UEFI "BIOS" to boot UEFI from that partition. No need to write anything into MBR when booting UEFI :)

I can send you my configuration (or even better, the whole contents of my FAT32 partition) if you're interested.

Sorry I haven't replied :p I have been busy with other stuff recenty and I haven't been doing much with my hackingtosh. It was my dads old PC so I'm not completely sure of the specs but when I get a chance I will list them here (if my install still works :))

OK guys. So I have just booted my hackingtosh back up, and suprisingly it works fine! So well in fact, that I am using it to post this!
Anway, as asked, I have some specs:
- RAM: 2GB DDR2 Memory
- Graphics: 128/256MB(Not completely sure :p) (ATI Radeon HD5250???)
- HDD: Sata 2(?) 80GB Disk
- Motherboard: Abit AB9 Pro
- Bootloader: Chimera 2.0.1
- Multibeast: 5.2.1
Anything else, give me a shout! I will now try installing the clover bootload, as you suggested dan542, and I will give you results soon!

EDIT: I have tried installing Clover on my 2GB (FAT32 MBR) USB drive but I can't seem to to my hackingtosh to boot from it. Even though it's first boot priority, when I load up my hackingtosh it just loads into my Chimera install without even showing any signs that Clover is there... Could you help me? Try sending over a (working :p) USB install of Clover which I can boot from, that would be great :D

same thing after update to UEFI bios in my GA-55 Z68X-UD4-B3

"About This Mac" logs me out - log me in

=( please help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back