Motherboard
ASUS H81M-A/BR
CPU
i5-4440
Graphics
RX 690
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello guys, how are you? As a Hackintosh user I fear that in a future (even though it may not be too close) we would not be able to do it anymore due Apple's proprietary chips. I'm kinda sad because I live in Brazil and Apple products are extremely expensive here (actually I tried my first Hackintosh after my MacBook Air was stolen).

What are your thoughts about it? Below there is a link with the latest news about it on Bloomberg.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...sell-macs-with-its-own-chips-starting-in-2021

Imagine people spend $12000 on a new macPro and how they would feel.
imo no need to worry for the next years

Imagine people spend $12000 on a new macPro and how they would feel ?
Angry. They would probably take their 12,000 dollar paper weight and toss it through the glass window of the Spaceship campus in Cupertino. Look at how easy it would be with those polished rounded stainless steel handles the '19 MP has. More likely though, they would install Windows 10 via Bootcamp and use that for their professional work instead.

1588686409985.png

A company with any class would never treat their Pro customers that way by cutting off OS support a few years after they bought one. Even if Apple does switch to ARM based Appled designed CPUs in Pro machines they will still support Intel based Mac Pros for many years to come.

Last edited:
So to recap, the Hackintosh community is is the same boat as the Apple Mac owners.
No need for hysteria like "the end is near ..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back