Contribute
Register

about the buyer's guide page

Status
Not open for further replies.
One things I want to know about the buyer's guide page is that how they arrange the list for each component.
I am a newbie here and i don't know what is the best for each component and i've spend some time reading here and there. but, still don't know where to start.
when i scrolled down to the CustoMacPro for Mobo. the Gigabyte GA-H270-Gaming 3 is on top of the list, is that mean that's the best mobo?
it only costs 1xx. and i scrolled down more, other brand like asus,cost 3xx or 4xx. just in the middle of the list. are they the same? the gigabyte has dual M2. slots, are they good for RAID 0 or 1?

I actually want a good mobo that can last me a few years and able to run sierra. mostly for photo retouching, wireless and bluetooth mouse keyboard and wacom is a must and gaming sometimes and movie watching. can fit 5 to 6 ssd or sata drives. I will be fitting those to my 08 mac pro case. any recommendation?

thanks
ken

I don't know if there is a "best" when it comes to motherboards. Everyone has their own favorites. You just need to search through all the different models to find a motherboard with the features you need/want.

I also highly recommend that you search through the Golden Builds and Users Build sub-forums to see which motherboards have worked well for others. Many of the posts include very well written guides that you can follow to help you get up and running as quickly and reliably as possible.

Also, in The Workshop sub-forum, you will find quite a few examples of people who have modded old Mac Pro cases for their hackintoshes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back