Contribute
Register

Ableton + Apollo x8p + ThunderboltEX 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys,

So I have this build, a Sierra Hackintosh with a ThunderboltEX3 card. It has a 7700K i7 with a Maximus IX Hero motherboard.
I have an Apollo x8p connected to it, which is totally compatible and working fine.
When I open Ableton though it does not show Apollo on my inputs and outputs. From what I read, it has something to do that Ableton won't recognize a thunderbolt connection from a PCI-E card.

Have you guys went around this kind of issue? How can I solve this problem?

Thank you

Hi @caiotrentin -

I have an Apollo Twin X running great with the ASUS ThunderboltEX 3 card using Pro Tools on my "CheeseGrater II" Hackintosh configuration. I also am using Ableton Live Lite (10.1.7) and it also detects my Apollo just fine. I've attached a screen shot of what my Ableton pref panel looks like.

I find it difficult to believe that the Live app has such a specific Thunderbolt connection specification. Virtually all Mac audio apps rely on CoreAudio, and they cannot "see" any audio I/O specifics beyond what CoreAudio presents to the app.

The only thing I can suggest is to make certain your Apollo is powered up first, and then power up your Hackintosh. If you continue to have trouble, power off your Hack completely (using the power supply switch), wait ten seconds, and then power up your Apollo, then boot your Hack.

Also, make certain you're running the latest Universal Audio drivers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back