Contribute
Register

A way to bypass entering password so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
650 ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Other
I've been doing OSX86 for probably a little over a year or so now, but there has always been one little thing that has aggravated me. ;)

Is there a way to bypass entering my password to give permission for things so much? Maybe a secret internal tweak or even a program that I can download?

I'm speaking of things like whenever I want to move or delete a file from my external hdd or when I am installing programs. I was always the type of person on Windows that would turn the UAC off or as low as it would go, since I am the only person using this computer and I'm sure that it isn't going to get hi-jacked by malicious code.

It isn't a super huge deal, just something that I wish I could do! Thanks!

I want to move or delete a file from my external hdd

Normally, OSX shouldn't ask a password for things like that. Check your disk permissions and do Repair.

or when I am installing programs.

Again, normally OSX wouldn't ask for password to install a program (to the Applications directory), unless that install program also needs to write/modify system files.

There's no way to disable passwords, but you can use a "null/blank" password. It will still prompt you though.

powerpcg5 said:

Normally, OSX shouldn't ask a password for things like that. Check your disk permissions and do Repair.

[quote:1xbjqbvv]or when I am installing programs.

Again, normally OSX wouldn't ask for password to install a program (to the Applications directory), unless that install program also needs to write/modify system files.

There's no way to disable passwords, but you can use a "null/blank" password. It will still prompt you though.[/quote:1xbjqbvv]

Hmm, alrighty! I was wondering why it asked me so much for those things! I just thought that was the way OS X was this whole time, since I had no experience with a real Mac before I started doing this!

Thanks so much for the fast answer!

powerpcg5 said:

[quote:3dy0ziqy]or when I am installing programs.

There's no way to disable passwords, but you can use a "null/blank" password. It will still prompt you though.[/quote:3dy0ziqy]

I'm getting ready to try what you said. If it makes and difference, I use PathFinder instead of Finder. Also, whenever I paste to the external WD drive, it asks for permission as well, forgot to mention that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back