Contribute
Register

A solution of ASUS new bios ver.2012 (not downgrading)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@artroeb I am still figuring out the proper EFI, but at least I have managed to complete the installation (the display resolution is 1280x1024 and audio does not work).

@artroeb I am still figuring out the proper EFI, but at least I have managed to complete the installation (the display resolution is 1280x1024 and audio does not work).

Dont worry, just add my kext to get audio work. Please share your EFI...

And how about HWMonitor, are temperature is OK?

And how about HWMonitor, are temperature is OK?

Well, it gets hot quickly under load (I only opened a picture previewer), see the attached screenshot.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 254
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 1.40.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 1.40.06 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 225
CPU temperature when idle is in range of 31-35 C, and jumps to 45-67 C once I open any application (e.g. picture previewer with the screenshot)

In my EFI On HWMonitor and Intel Power Gadget I got 40-45°C Idle system when I use FakeSMS plugins (kext). And always up when I open app.

When I remove FakeSMC plugins (kext) in idle I got 28-35°C on intel power gadget.

I don't know my EFI is wrong or my Bios setting is wrong.

Well, it gets hot quickly under load (I only opened a picture previewer), see the attached screenshot.

I thank you. I see your kext you only use 2 plugins. I tried one by one and I found an error reading when I added FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext I thought I would find out why every time I read the temperature voltage was always an error. Do you have ideas for this?

Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 6.55.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 7.02.28 PM.png

The extent of my dealings with ASUS support made it pretty clear that once in this new BIOS, it is impossible to downgrade. Maybe they will fix this in a future BIOS update. I don't know why you'd need to downgrade anyway since with this fix this BIOS works perfectly.
For sure, many thanks for the solution! I'm having Issues with Quicksync with this setup. I Managed to make it work right but suddenly I cannot longer open Final Cut... And nothing has changed. Guess is Lilu+Whatevergreen managing things...

ASUS Rog Strix Z390-i didn't have that option in the latest bios though. Search showed "RTC wake schedule" or something. So the solution wasn't for all motherboards. That's when I got frustrated and gave up. I know people are using hackintoshes on those boards so it can be fixed. I just don't know how. It was pretty board!
I was able to downgrade my ASRock Z390's system's BIOS from version 4.0 to 1.2 by using the windows BIOS update mechanism. I did not expect it to work because ASRock warn you you cannot downgrade and because the processors microcode was upgraded with BIOS 4.0 I did not have much hope for it but as I bought my board specifically for a Hackintosh, I tried it anyway. Once I got back to BIOS version 1.2 everything worked again with no other changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back