Contribute
Register

A solution of ASUS new bios ver.2012 (not downgrading)

Status
Not open for further replies.
works on asus H370i !!

hello, you find a solution?

No, I never did. Not only did I give up trying to make that work, I exchanged boards for the ASRock Phantom Gaming z390 ITX. I know this isn't a solution for everyone, but it's all I could do!

THANK YOU!!! Confirmed! Working for my ASUS PRIME B360M-A as well. You are a gentleman and a scholar etc etc.

I've combed through BIOS settings for weeks and never thought it could be due to something as simple as "System Time And Alarm Source."

Many users completely replaced their motherboards, I'm glad I was patient.
:headbang::clap:
Hi mate,

Do you have hardware accelerated (Quick Sync) enabled in your system? Im working with Mojave 14.4 but cannot have this enabled, it only enabled H265 He, but not H264.
My Motherboard is an ASUS PRIME B360M-A, my CPU is an i7 8700, and my GPU is a AMD RADEON RX 570 8GB Pulse.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

Sorry for my bad English. It's not my native language.

I'm using ASUS ROG Strix B360-i Gaming motherboard with Samsung PM961 Nvme SSD.
After I update the BIOS to version 2012, I have also ran into the problem that my hackintosh never boot again.
It just stucks at the progress bar with Apple logo.
And I noticed that the boot log stopped rolling when "SMCRTC:start" appears.
(The "AppleNVME Assert failed" error is misleading. But it's not the cause of this problem.)
View attachment 392326
Then I found an bios option about RTC was added with this bios update.
It's located at UEFI Advance Mode\Advanced\PCH Configuration\System Time and Alarm Source:
View attachment 392327
I changed the option from "ACPI Time and Alarm Device" to "Legacy RTC".
And my hackintosh is working now.
View attachment 392329
I hope it's a useful solution for this problem.
Thanks! I really works! And It was not possible for me to downgrade the Bios Version... My mobo is a AUS PRIME B360M-A...
Now I cannot get Quicksync enabled... Any Ideas? I tried every single method, and It will only recongnize de H265 Hardware encoding... Weird...

Cheers!

Thanks! I really works! And It was not possible for me to downgrade the Bios Version... My mobo is a AUS PRIME B360M-A...
Now I cannot get Quicksync enabled... Any Ideas? I tried every single method, and It will only recongnize de H265 Hardware encoding... Weird...

Cheers!
The extent of my dealings with ASUS support made it pretty clear that once in this new BIOS, it is impossible to downgrade. Maybe they will fix this in a future BIOS update. I don't know why you'd need to downgrade anyway since with this fix this BIOS works perfectly.

The extent of my dealings with ASUS support made it pretty clear that once in this new BIOS, it is impossible to downgrade. Maybe they will fix this in a future BIOS update. I don't know why you'd need to downgrade anyway since with this fix this BIOS works perfectly.
ASUS Rog Strix Z390-i didn't have that option in the latest bios though. Search showed "RTC wake schedule" or something. So the solution wasn't for all motherboards. That's when I got frustrated and gave up. I know people are using hackintoshes on those boards so it can be fixed. I just don't know how. It was pretty board!

ASUS Rog Strix Z390-i didn't have that option in the latest bios though. Search showed "RTC wake schedule" or something. So the solution wasn't for all motherboards. That's when I got frustrated and gave up. I know people are using hackintoshes on those boards so it can be fixed. I just don't know how. It was pretty board!

apparently it was as simple as adding this, but didn't see it before, I tried to downgrade bios and ruined my srix z390-i

It worked for my Asus H310T! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back