Contribute
Register

A Skylake Cube

Status
Not open for further replies.
55F19693-DE72-4803-8B87-9290596FEBDA.jpg

thanks for your reminder. Neil.
I have modified my profile.
I have tried installing macos serria 10.12.2. DP can not output the video signal. I would like to get your EFI folder and config file reference object.
My English is terrible, please forgive me. Haha

This is my computer picture

The attachments should be copied into your /EFI folder replacing the same named items (you may want to save off your original files).

Also note that this boots both El Cap 10.11.6 and 10.12.3 and is setup for WiFi/BT and HD530 as discussed above.

I have Clover 3763 on the system, however any late version of Clover should work. I do not own a DP display so that port has not been tested.

Good modding,
neil

Attachments

• Other.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 156
  • config.plist.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
The attachments should be copied into your /EFI folder replacing the same named items (you may want to save off your original files).

Also note that this boots both El Cap 10.11.6 and 10.12.3 and is setup for WiFi/BT and HD530 as discussed above.

I have Clover 3763 on the system, however any late version of Clover should work. I do not own a DP display so that port has not been tested.

Good modding,
neil
Thank you very much, neil. My side is the night, tomorrow I will try you give me the program. Hope to be effective. Please forgive my poor English, haha. . .

Kudos ! I had a G4 Cube, it might have been the best computer I ever had. Nostalgia...

Thank you, neil. Now only the sound card driver problem, I do not know whether your sound card is working properly. My sound card work only a single channel, but this is not a big problem.

Thank you, neil. Now only the sound card driver problem, I do not know whether your sound card is working properly. My sound card work only a single channel, but this is not a big problem.

My system is back on the shelf (I am off doing another project) so this is off the top of my head. As I recall, the audio driver is the VoodooHDA and is found in the /other folder in /EFI/Clover folder. If you have sound at all on the audio jack then you probably have an issue with the jack/receptacle not mating correctly.

Good modding,
neil

Uh huh, I'm using appleALC. Kext, it has an unresolved problem. Now I use voodooHDA, but you also have that version of the problem. You can go to download the latest voodooHDA. It's perfect.

Is this, I uploaded.
I have not yet bought bcm94352z card, has not used wifi network and Bluetooth. After a few days to buy a bcm94352z try it, and now should be more perfect. So happy!
Thank you, neil!

Attachments

• VoodooHDA.kext-289.zip
    158.2 KB · Views: 125
Dear Neilhart,
I just want to say well done on your builds I have learned a lot and have enjoyed reading these threads. I am going to build a g4 cube of my own. I haven't built a hackintosh before but I like making things so I look forward to the challenge. I have read all of this thread and many others on modifying a g4 cube. I will use an i7 6700T as the processor but I am undecided on which motherboard to use. I will be using this as my main working machine so I need something that works and is stable.
Do you recommend the new Asus mini STX boards like the one you have used in this mod? Or would it be better to use a mini ITX Z170N or similar with a picoPSU?
I like the idea of the STX board but just need it to work and be stable as a Hackintosh.
All the best,
Reilly

Dear Neilhart,
I just want to say well done on your builds I have learned a lot and have enjoyed reading these threads. I am going to build a g4 cube of my own. I haven't built a hackintosh before but I like making things so I look forward to the challenge. I have read all of this thread and many others on modifying a g4 cube. I will use an i7 6700T as the processor but I am undecided on which motherboard to use. I will be using this as my main working machine so I need something that works and is stable.
Do you recommend the new Asus mini STX boards like the one you have used in this mod? Or would it be better to use a mini ITX Z170N or similar with a picoPSU?
I like the idea of the STX board but just need it to work and be stable as a Hackintosh.
All the best,
Reilly

Hummm... I have been off doing Kaby Lake projects. I have had really good experience with the ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming ITX motherboard and the i7 7700T cpu but also a good experience with the ASUS Strix Z270I motherboard.

What I don't like about the "STX" motherboards is the IO being on two sides of the motherboard. In a G4 Cube you need to cable this IO to the bottom plate which is a pain.

Anyway, the thing to do (IMHO) is buy your parts and build the system on the bench and play with it until you know it inside and out. Then consider a G4 Cube mod with what works best for you.

Good modding,
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back