Contribute
Register

A Simple G5 Case Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome job!

I want to do the same, keep it simple, fast and easy. Can you post the details of the cable for the front panel?

Can I ask where did you get the "special" screws for the optical drive? My G5 case came without an optical unit so I don't have any.

Can I ask where did you get the "special" screws for the optical drive? My G5 case came without an optical unit so I don't have any.

They are available on Ebay. Just search on "Apple Powermac G5 screws" and you will find them.

Tom

Thanks a lot ! useful info

Photobucket decided that hosting my images was costing them too much money and so asked me to upgrade my free account to one that would cost $400 per year. I decided to remove my 250 or so photos from Photobucket and host them myself. So... photos have been restored! :)

- chaos

Upgrade Time!

My father has completely enjoyed this Hackintosh since I gave it to him for Christmas in 2012. Its been 3 and a half years, so now, it is time to upgrade to El Capitan!

I decided that I would upgrade the CPU to an i5 3570K, so I picked one up on eBay for $160. That chip has HD 4000 graphics, so there is no longer a need for a discrete video card.
I also added 2x4GB of DDR3-1600 ram ($47) and a 120GB SSD. ($43)

/Jeff

I upgraded my son's CPU to an i5 3570 for $80 in April. However that chip has HD 2500 graphics, which is unsupported. No big deal since we were already running a GT 640. :) At any rate it, too, was a very nice upgrade for him since it has a turbo mode up to 3.8 GHz.

Tom

Photo links restored.

Hey, I found this thread and I'm looking to turn an old G5 into a hackintosh.
Can you update the photos please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back