Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Hi All.

I decided to update my original build(signature) to Mountain Lion 10.8.2. Everything is working extremely well. Graphics, Sleep, Ethernet, DVD drive etc. I seem to have hit a brick wall with the Audio. I never went past SL 10.6.8 on this Computer so I am unsure if audio would have worked in Lion. My motherboard is G31M-ES2L rev 2.4. I have tried a selection of Voodoo from MultiBeast with no such luck.

Like the title of this thread its just a shot in the dark to see if anyone has this ALC883 working or is it too dated to try. Any input/ help would be appreciated. Although there could be an alternative which is a USB Sound card.

TIA

Willow

Well I have managed to get ALC883 working on Mountain Lion 10.8.2

I used Samisnakes guide for creating your own DSDT. [GUIDE] Creating your own DSDT for most boards

I followed each of the steps. I already had a DSDT but I wanted to eliminate any problems I was having with audio. I also downloaded the patch for my G31M-ES2L but when I added this and booted up after a few minutes I would get the dreaded "Hold the power button and restart" So I left out the patch, I also added the ALC883 patch to the DSDT.

I then used MultiBeast (3.0.1) from Snow Leopard, choose the ALC8xx and AppleHDA rollback to 10.6.2. Choose Voodoo 0.2.1 which worked for me in Snow Leopard. And then my Graphics card DVI to HDMI had a Digital throughput. I was looking to get line out to work with my 2.1 creative. So Currently I am using the Head phone socket from the TV to the input on my 2.1 and its working great. No complaints at all. Was almost set to move back to 10.6.8

Just thought I would share my results as there seems to be nothing of ALC883 in Mountain lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back