VEGA 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently succeeded in installing Sierra 10.12.6 on my son's CustoMac.

Let's say we're happy with the way it works now (graphics won't work over DisplayPort, but we're using HDMI as a workaround).

However, as it is now, the boot-up process goes something like this:
  1. Turn on computer
  2. Hold down the F12-key
  3. Use arrow-keys to scroll to the correct boot drive in the UEFI/BIOS window that appears
  4. Press Enter to select the boot-up drive
  5. In Clover press Enter again (the correct drive is already highlighted)
How do you make the boot procedure simpler? How do you automate this process, so that no user intervention is necessary during boot-up?

This was all automated in the old Mavericks installation we had on the machine - no user input was necessary in the boot-up process.

How do you
  1. Avoid having to hold the F12-key and select drive in UEFI/BIOS during boot-up?
  2. Avoid having to (select drive and) press enter in Clover during boot-up?

I recently succeeded in installing Sierra 10.12.6 on my son's CustoMac.

Let's say we're happy with the way it works now (graphics won't work over DisplayPort, but we're using HDMI as a workaround).

However, as it is now, the boot-up process goes something like this:
  1. Turn on computer
  2. Hold down the F12-key
  3. Use arrow-keys to scroll to the correct boot drive in the UEFI/BIOS window that appears
  4. Press Enter to select the boot-up drive
  5. In Clover press Enter again (the correct drive is already highlighted)
How do you make the boot procedure simpler? How do you automate this process, so that no user intervention is necessary during boot-up?

This was all automated in the old Mavericks installation we had on the machine - no user input was necessary in the boot-up process.

How do you
  1. Avoid having to hold the F12-key and select drive in UEFI/BIOS during boot-up?
  2. Avoid having to (select drive and) press enter in Clover during boot-up?
in your BIOS, choose your default boot settings

in your config.plist for an example:

Code:
<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
        <key>DefaultVolume</key>
        <string>LastBootedVolume</string> (or put in your hard drive name)
        <key>NeverHibernate</key>
        <true/>
        <key>Secure</key>
        <false/>
        <key>Timeout</key>
        <integer>5</integer> (this is in seconds, change accordingly)
    </dict>

Thank you very much Feartech!
Sorry for the long delay in replying - work has consumed all my time and energy this past week.

I'm new to this, so not exactly sure of how to do what you suggest.
  1. Is it the config.plist file that I can find under EFI>CLOVER>OEM>UEFI that I need to edit?
  2. And how do you edit such a plist-file? Can I just open it in TextEdit and save it like any other file?
I don't remember having to do this last time (Mavericks installation - before Clover)...

Thank you very much Feartech!
Sorry for the long delay in replying - work has consumed all my time and energy this past week.

I'm new to this, so not exactly sure of how to do what you suggest.
  1. Is it the config.plist file that I can find under EFI>CLOVER>OEM>UEFI that I need to edit?
  2. And how do you edit such a plist-file? Can I just open it in TextEdit and save it like any other file?
I don't remember having to do this last time (Mavericks installation - before Clover)...
use xcode or plist edit pro

mount efi

then navigate to clover/config.plist

Thank you so much for your prompt reply, Feartech!

I had mounted EFI. I didn't find any other config.plist file than the one under EFI>CLOVER>OEM>UEFI. Is that the file I need to edit?

Thank you so much for your prompt reply, Feartech!

I had mounted EFI. I didn't find any other config.plist file than the one under EFI>CLOVER>OEM>UEFI. Is that the file I need to edit?
normally the full path is:

EFI\EFI\CLOVER\config.plist

Success!

I don't know how I missed that config.plist file when I looked the first time - it was right there, where you said it would be. I tried editing it in TextEdit and that worked fine. I didn't need to add all the code you'd written, as some of it was already there. Basically all I had to do was

1. change 'Untitled' [name of default boot drive] to 'LastBootedVolume',
2. add the lines
<true/>
and
3. change the timeout integer to 1 (was set to 5).

Thank you so very much, Feartech - couldn't have done it without you!

Success!

I don't know how I missed that config.plist file when I looked the first time - it was right there, where you said it would be. I tried editing it in TextEdit and that worked fine. I didn't need to add all the code you'd written, as some of it was already there. Basically all I had to do was

1. change 'Untitled' [name of default boot drive] to 'LastBootedVolume',
2. add the lines
<true/>
and
3. change the timeout integer to 1 (was set to 5).

Thank you so very much, Feartech - couldn't have done it without you!
no worries, glad you got it sorted

be careful editing config.plist's with text edit though, it can cause issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back