intel Xeon 5650 (3.8 ghz)
Graphics
Gainward Geforce gtx 950
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everybody

I have to build my 4th hackintosh for a friend and I am a bit concerned about which motherboard to buy, as I had myself and read about freeze issues with last generation of GIGABYTE boards; this time I'd go for an ASUS but I didn't understand if the boards suggested here in the buying guides all work without issues and further optimizations-configurations or not. Possibly you can even suggest an ASUS board that worked out of the box for you

thanks

The "Haswell Freeze" has more to do with motherboard/model compatible memory and a PSU that is rated Haswell "ready" or "compatible."

That being said, you need to look in the User Builds and Yosemite Desktop Guides forum sections. tonymacx86 has a ASUS Z97-A build description that will interest you.

The "Haswell Freeze" has more to do with motherboard/model compatible memory and a PSU that is rated Haswell "ready" or "compatible."

So have I to assume that the crucial RAM suggested here are the best choice to pair with an haswell CPU?

So have I to assume that the crucial RAM suggested here are the best choice to pair with an haswell CPU?

Well almost. Each manufacturer maintains a list of qualified memory and cpus by motherboard. It is best process to check those lists before purchasing.

Haswell compatible PSUs may make the most difference in some builds where you need to sleep and wake from sleep reliably. However this has never been well tested or documented that I am aware of. The matrix of possible combinations is so large that it may be worth while to closely follow one of the Golden Build configurations when choosing components.

Good modding,
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back