GA-P43T-ES3G rev 1.3
CPU
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
430 GT
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello.

I'll start by saying that I'm very new to the Hackintosh world, and that so far I've been using nothing but Debian linux.
After installing and updating the system, i've came to the stage where i need to use Multibeast, and choose between EasyBeast and UserDSDT.

I've read that UserDSDT is a way "cleaner" way, and I'd like to prevent as much future-problems as possible, but I really have no idea where to start.
First of all, I don't have much idea about what the DSDT is ( I mean, i've read, but I'm still not 100% sure i get it ).
Second, I have no idea what patching should be done and why it needs any patching at all.
Third, I get an exception every time I try to extract my DSDT.aml with DSDTSE
Fourth, I feel really lost in all of this, and There seems to be no previously-made DSDTs
For my board, since it's a socket 775 and i haven't really seen any around here.

I'd be happy if anyone could help me a bit, direct me to guides/information I could find helpful in order to accomplish this task.

Thanks a lot for your help,
Niv.

I've seen them, but they seem to apply only to specific motherboards sockets, while mine is 775 which is rarely mentioned.

SkuenD said:
I've seen them, but they seem to apply only to specific motherboards sockets, while mine is 775 which is rarely mentioned.
Above you beg for direct you to guides/information. I gave you the information with my link. The Board doesn't matter...that guy (Biggyskittle) described in his 6th post how you can create your own DSDT from a fresh extracted vanilla DSDT from YOUR Bios

I thought you were referring to the links you gave from macman.
Anyways, this seems helpful, but i still have the DSDTSE exception that avoids me from using it: "An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled. the application must shut down".

Any idea how to solve this?

SkuenD said:
I thought you were referring to the links you gave from macman.
Anyways, this seems helpful, but i still have the DSDTSE exception that avoids me from using it: "An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled. the application must shut down".

Any idea how to solve this?
Yeah, download DSDTSE for windows and extract your Bios under windows, that works.
You can do this also under linux. To do it under linux you have to install "iasl" from the paket-manager. Then run a terminal and type

sudo cat /proc/acpi/dsdt > dsdt.dat (reads the dsdt table and wrote it into a file)
iasl -d dsdt.dat (creates the file dsdt.dsl)

now you have a clean vanilla dsdt.dsl to do your modifications described in the link i gave to you

Hi karacho,

I am new to this dsdt too, I have read MacMan's guide for editing gigabyte's 1366 socket. However I could not find some of the edits he mentioned. Should I use the DSDTSE's default fix for my MSI X58A GD65? And as for some of the warnings (reserved compiler name etc.), should I just leave it as it is since I can compile the DSDT?

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back