Contribute
Register

A little problems I had when installing chimera!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I've just installed Yosemite on my new build, specs below. Everything works fine, wireless, bluetooth etc.. After I installed chimera using multibeast, the boot up time is longer and the hangs around a minute at the asus logo. After it goes pass the logo it starts us windows,
chimera doesn't show up or give me option to select boot partition. Does anyone know how to fix this
or had similar issue?

My Specs:
MB: Z97I-PLUS
CPU: i5 4690K
HDD: 240GB Kingston SSD
May I suggest you to click Profile toward top RIGHT of this page> navigate and fill the listed sections there.
System: [YourMotherboard Make & Model Bios Version#] Rest of the sections to complete are very obvious .That will make your hardware profile for this build accessible to readers through out this troubleshoot without having to scroll back to this page to find it.

chimera doesn't show up or give me option to select boot partition. Does anyone know how to fix this

To answer your question, you have to share with the readers a few more hardware information.

• How many Hard disks do you have in this System?
  • Have you installed Windows and Hackintosh Yosemite in the same hard disk in different partitions or on two different hard disks?
  • When you installed your two operating systems namely, Windows and Yosemite hackintosh, which of the two was the last one installed.
  • Did you install a stand alone Chimera or Chimera through Multibeast?
  • If you had chosen Multibeast, did you select EasyBeast / DSDT Free or User DSDT?
  • What is your Hard disk Booting Priority. in the BIOS setup?

By probability you might have installed Windows after Yosemite.

Your answers to the above questions may help the readers to figure out the best next step in your Boot menu problem.

Hey guys, I've just installed Yosemite on my new build, specs below. Everything works fine, wireless, bluetooth etc.. After I installed chimera using multibeast, the boot up time is longer and the hangs around a minute at the asus logo. After it goes pass the logo it starts us windows, chimera doesn't show up or give me option to select boot partition. Does anyone know how to fix this or had similar issue?

My Specs:
MB: Z97I-PLUS
CPU: i5 4690K
HDD: 240GB Kingston SSD

Which BIOS version you are running with??

Follow the below linked guide and check the booting,

GUIDE : http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/115818-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back