MSi X99A-MPOWER
CPU
Intel Core i7-6850K
Graphics
Inno3D GTX 780 iChill
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

It's been a long time, but I decided to resume my Hackintosh project on the dv6. I did a clean install, and I have installed Clover. Actually, everything is working brilliantly, apart from a few things:
- USB 2.0 is not working for some reason... It did work out of the box, but when I installed the GenericUSBXHCI kext, it just stopped working. The USB 3.0 ports are working fine though...
- I can't seem to get OS X to show me the battery indicator. In HWmonitor I can read the battery status (VoodooBattery), but OS X just doesn't want to. I don't know why this is happening, because it did work earlier (before the reinstall).
- Switchable Graphics. I know this is actually impossible, but I did see a thread where someone got it to work by switching between displays (one display for each graphics card). Since I don't know if i'm allowed to post a link to another forum, I am not doing this (yet). But is there any possibility on getting switchable graphics to work? Intel HD graphics works fine, and the AMD HD6770M is recognized, but I don't quite get the idea it's working properly...

If anyone has ideas, I'm listening.

Hi,

It's been a long time, but I decided to resume my Hackintosh project on the dv6. I did a clean install, and I have installed Clover. Actually, everything is working brilliantly, apart from a few things:
- USB 2.0 is not working for some reason... It did work out of the box, but when I installed the GenericUSBXHCI kext, it just stopped working. The USB 3.0 ports are working fine though...
- I can't seem to get OS X to show me the battery indicator. In HWmonitor I can read the battery status (VoodooBattery), but OS X just doesn't want to. I don't know why this is happening, because it did work earlier (before the reinstall).
- Switchable Graphics. I know this is actually impossible, but I did see a thread where someone got it to work by switching between displays (one display for each graphics card). Since I don't know if i'm allowed to post a link to another forum, I am not doing this (yet). But is there any possibility on getting switchable graphics to work? Intel HD graphics works fine, and the AMD HD6770M is recognized, but I don't quite get the idea it's working properly...

If anyone has ideas, I'm listening.

Not a guide. Moved to laptop support.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back