Graphics
GTX 680
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I installed and all works but the sound. I updated the audio with Multibeast 5.2 restarted and no drives in system preferences. I noticed I installed the wrong drivers so I reinstalled correct drivers. Still no proper selection in system preferences.

I updated the audio with Multibeast 5.2 restarted and no drives in system preferences. I noticed I installed the wrong drivers so I reinstalled correct drivers. Still no proper selection in system preferences.
Which wrong driver?
Correct audio selection: MultiBeast 5.3 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC898

Which wrong driver?
Correct audio selection: MultiBeast 5.3 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC898

I installed ALC889 then realized my error and installed ALC898

No-one have anything? Any idea which audio files to trash so I can reinstall?

Screen Shot 2013-06-13 at 5.48.05 PM.jpg

I solved it by cloning from backup. This place die? Why did I donate $50

You need to give us more information. There are many answers depending on motherboard, processor and such. Some of us are novices, but we just solved this problem. All we can do is relate our experiences and point you in the right direction. Ask a few questions that you haven't considered, maybe.

It also helps if you are nice. No one is paying us to do this.

I'm happy to help, but I may be out of my depth. Relate to us your experiences. Tell us what you did, who's advice you followed. I listened to some people and they sent me down a wrong path for a day.

Tell us what speaker system you have. If you are going for 5.1 or surround sound, then i will have to defer this question to someone else.

I think I can give you a few places to start. It doesn't sound like BIOS and it probably isn't anything serious. You, at least, are getting something besides a blank screen in System Preferences. I had plenty of problems with MultiBeast, but I can't tell if they are related to yours.

I was nice. Where were you when I was nice. Why wait until something is fixed before you ask questions?

Sorry, you seemed demanding. Perhaps, I should have said "extra nice." It doesn't serve you to run us away and then complain when we do. I'm more patient than most people, but that's how you made me feel. I didn't want you to be obsequious, either, just nice.

My problem was that I was in the dark. I was trying to help you, but I needed details. When you upgraded, did you use the Combo package at Apple.com rather than a download from the app store? That's how I upgraded mine. No problems.

Is your system okay now?

Is cloning the same as using Restore in Disk Utility? I was able to do that when I couldn't get an Apple install to finish. I had changed a BIOS setting which gave me a weird result. Restore didn't solve the underlying problem. As soon as I fixed the BIOS problem the installation continued where it left off.

I'm new at this. I'm using your problems to learn from. Excuse me, if I am making mistakes.

:) I give up. I use CCC Cabon Copy Cloner by Bombich Software. I have two identical SSD drives and using CCC, replicate my startup drive to the other. I then have a 4TB data drive and moved my home folder to it so no matter which drive I start up from I have the same data. I then have a USB 3.0, 4 TB external to back up that data. I normally back up every two days. If I lose a drive it's not catastrophic.

i did not want to restore from my back up SSD drive however when I had the problem because my origination Drive was 10.8.4 and the backup dive was 10.8.3. And photoshop and iMovie were corrupted on the 10.8.3 drive.

All I wanted to know was where the audio drivers were stored so I could delete and reinstall them. After a couple days with no answers I just updated the second dive to 10.8.4 and got those audio drivers working then cloned it back then ran multi beast on it then reinstalled photoshop and iMovie. iMovie still doesn't work. Says there isn't enough room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back