Contribute
Register

A little help installing Sierra on MSI GP72-2QD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI > Need model name > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i7-5700HQ
Graphics
Intel HD 5600 + GT 940m
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone,

I've been looking everywhere but I can't find if there's a new users presentation section on this forum.
I don't know if I'm posting in the correct category.

I'm having a problem installing OS X Sierra on my MSI GP72-2QD, I can't even get to the installer, as soon as I select my OS X Installer, the computer reboots. I disabled Intel Virtualization Technology and Secure Boot. I can't find DEP though.

I've installed clover EFI on my installed drive. I can't remember which options i selected but I remember ticking something that sounds like "Aptio fix" or something like that.

I don't know what to do... My BIOS is unlocked btw, and I tried booting with the boot args: "-v nv_enable=0 kext-dev-mode=1"

Thanks a lot in advance everyone :)

Hello everyone,

I've been looking everywhere but I can't find if there's a new users presentation section on this forum.
I don't know if I'm posting in the correct category.

I'm having a problem installing OS X Sierra on my MSI GP72-2QD, I can't even get to the installer, as soon as I select my OS X Installer, the computer reboots. I disabled Intel Virtualization Technology and Secure Boot. I can't find DEP though.

I've installed clover EFI on my installed drive. I can't remember which options i selected but I remember ticking something that sounds like "Aptio fix" or something like that.

I don't know what to do... My BIOS is unlocked btw, and I tried booting with the boot args: "-v nv_enable=0 kext-dev-mode=1"

Thanks a lot in advance everyone :)

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Broadwell info in the FAQ. It is important.

Sorry I'm a little ill since monday. Since i'm getting better, I'll read everything once again and check everything. The only Mac that i have with me is an el capitan vmware image.

I'll keep the thread updated

Quick question btw, i don't know if i read everything correctly but do i still need to tweak the DVMT-Prealloc for a FullHD Screen?

Sorry I'm a little ill since monday. Since i'm getting better, I'll read everything once again and check everything. The only Mac that i have with me is an el capitan vmware image.

I'll keep the thread updated

From where did you download this "el capitan vmware image"?

Quick question btw, i don't know if i read everything correctly but do i still need to tweak the DVMT-Prealloc for a FullHD Screen?

It is preferable to set DVMT-prealloc correctly vs. using the minStolenSize patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back