Contribute
Register

A G5 work in progress template when finished

What do you think and do you have any questions?

• I like the build.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do not like the build.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB4
CPU
i7-11700
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Not finished yet just a teaser....with tempered window removed, G5 POWERMAC CASE NOS:

WITHOUT TEMPERED GLASS DOOR:

WITH DOOR: (No that is not the Windows Logo it is the reflection of the window panels in my back house door to the outside)

Particulars: 1/8" tempered glass with light tint 20% light loss. I Have a frosted Apple logo my brother-in-law
made up for me in Illustrator and will eventually apply to center of window door. Added custom white bracket to cover
gap of front fans not in pictures. Cover for upper section custom made to cover optical in lower picture, powdercoated aluminum. Added custom video support bracket. Measured original door and standoffs, drilled and tapped original door bracket 18 times to 4 mm for Red Alloy Allen bolts and Black Alloy washers. Had glass door fabbed from cad drawing I made up, holes were waterjet drilled before tempering by glass manufacturer. Some holes were off, if I had used a larger diameter holes it would have had more slop to play with as the glass cutter's accuracy was also in question. Had to add Alloy 4mm rivnuts to fix inaccuracies. Alloy Allens had to be had ground down by hand as they hit on latch part of frame. Powder Coating of frame pieces added thickness so closure isn't as nice as factory. Yes you can powdercoat the inner frame which has Apple epoxied studs, but they must be tapped off by powdercoater. Apple power switch is now a reset switch and power led is still power led. Vandal switch above more dependable and easier to access, has HD (Dual M.2's) activity light. Wiring for Apple switch made by BlackCH mods was modified by me for ground as I removed Firewire wiring except for ground and changed out molex to Apple original with detents and reloomed in larger oversize black Paracord.

Last edited:
More painting, need to move motherboard tray to right, booted to Windows to Load 10, High Sierra Next. Waiting for more parts.
Fine-tuning now. Z370 I7, 32 GB, GTX 1060, Watercooled, RGB front fans and watercooling pump. Powdercoating, LaserHive and "Apple Case" was NOS I ordered from a Certified Apple Tech through Apple on last year they were made, I also own a working factory watercooled G5 I bought new, May covert that one too, new case was sitting in box in attic for years at my house till I had time for project. Had a new Leadex Super Flower Platinum 550 with light up Molexes loomed by ModDYI in all white in it, but you could not see Molexs and it really was GOLD rated at 110V only Platinum at 220V. Purchased from Overclockers in UK. It now has a Seasonic Prime Snow Titanium rated 750w now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back