A few questions about my 10.12 Dell Optiplex 780 Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
Graphics
AMD ATI Radeon HD 5450 512MB
Hi all,
I have a Dell Optiplex 780 Desktop that I turned into a Hackintosh. Everything is okay so far, other then a few things;
I cannot buy a Wifi adapter at this point in time because my router is far away from my Hackintosh and long range adapters are very expensive, far more then I want to spend. I have a MGM Electronics WiFi USB (Part number 831-3397) laying around, is it compatible with macOS Sierra? It worked on Windows 7 when it was installed.

I also created my installer with a universal beast that is titled 7.0.1, and the Clover version is 3766. I have a bunch of kexts and configs that do not work well with the latest version on Clover, and when booting, sends me into a kernel panic. Is there anyway I can install 3766 to my HDD, or do I have to use a new set of configs? I used this setup:CLOVER.zip
Can someone help me install Clover to my hard drive and have these files work for it?
Thank you all so much in advance
smile.png

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 302
@charlietuo, please provide complete details in your Profile (personal details).

Mobo: Motherboard Manufacturer/Model (e.g., Dell Optiplex 780)

Hi all,
I have a Dell Optiplex 780 Desktop that I turned into a Hackintosh. Everything is okay so far, other then a few things;
I cannot buy a Wifi adapter at this point in time because my router is far away from my Hackintosh and long range adapters are very expensive, far more then I want to spend. I have a MGM Electronics WiFi USB (Part number 831-3397) laying around, is it compatible with macOS Sierra? It worked on Windows 7 when it was installed.

I also created my installer with a universal beast that is titled 7.0.1, and the Clover version is 3766. I have a bunch of kexts and configs that do not work well with the latest version on Clover, and when booting, sends me into a kernel panic. Is there anyway I can install 3766 to my HDD, or do I have to use a new set of configs? I used this setup:CLOVER.zip
Can someone help me install Clover to my hard drive and have these files work for it?
Thank you all so much in advance
smile.png
Sorry. I don't know about your WiFi, but I found your post by searching for Optiplex-780 - I have one w/ 4GB RAM & 2 - HD's, stock Vid , but I have a Vid card that should work as it is working in my Old MacPro 1,1 that I have El Cap on ..can i load El Cap on my Optiplex-780 ? what do i have to do config wise ? will the stock parts work ? Optiplex-780 probably has different types of parts ?

@z0Nker, please have a read of post #2 and comply with it also. There are several models with different CPU and GPU options. There is little advice can be given to you unless people know the exact hardware configuration you are running, including the GPU you intend to use.

Completing those details are expected as per the site rules.

Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back