Contribute
Register

A clear Cube with a few differences.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude so awesome with the clear Case set up! !

Also thanks so much for the touch sensor set up with pics and explanation!!
I have the same webpage guide but the long paragraph explanation was kinda throwing me off a tad lmao, Im more of a need to see it type of guy. So that's where I am at right now and your visual halped big time!! Sitting here with Cube parts all around working on the touch sensor.

eelhead said:

I have the same webpage guide but the long paragraph explanation was kinda throwing me off a tad lmao, Im more of a need to see it type of guy. So that's where I am at right now and your visual halped big time!! Sitting here with Cube parts all around working on the touch sensor.

Cheers!

Eelhead, make sure you earth the case as the switch needs it to avoid it spiralling into round after round of re-starts. Any prob.s let me know.

BTW I soldered flying wires directly to the PicoPSU to get the 5v and power_on sig.s - I took pic.s but they turned out crap.

All best.

minihack said:
eelhead said:

Cheers!

Eelhead, make sure you earth the case as the switch needs it to avoid it spiralling into round after round of re-starts. Any prob.s let me know.

BTW I soldered flying wires directly to the PicoPSU to get the 5v and power_on sig.s - I took pic.s but they turned out crap.

All best.
Sweet thanks, I knew about the grounding lol also found out the hard way.
I am at a stall point as I have the Pico now but no power brick for it :(
Once I get that I can properly set it all up off of the 5v on it. I though about using a regular PSU to at least get it going for now but I didnt do it. I think if I do I can use the green wire on the PSU as that is the 5v constant I need.

It's pin 9 (purple 5vsb) and 16 (light green /PS_ON) that are the ones from this pinout page:

http://pinouts.ru/Power/atx_v2_pinout.shtml

9 is the essential one really. You don't absolutely have to do the LED thing I did and could simply do like Boumbo (think that's right?) did and use the PowerLed connections from the mobo with a new LED. But I just like to re-use the original LED and the way it glows brighter when you touch the switch the way it does for the real Cube.

Hope that brick arrives soon - seems like you have been waiting forever.

OO thanks for that,
I can mess with the purple and give it a go. Yeah the 4 of us want to try and keep with the light on so that is my goal, it just looks cooler as well.

The Pico I finally got replaced with the 160w one but because of my slow swap of that the bricks got sold out and they are on a 4 week back order, that was a week ago lmao.
My luck is all. My cube sits at 90% done and the plates on the other three are finished all I am doing is the touch sensor now :D

minihack - the top loading concept is great and would have solved some of my problems that I was having with i7 2600K version of my original cube. I may go back and do something with that concept down the road.

Your laser cut acrylic parts are just amazing.

neil

neilhart said:
minihack - the top loading concept is great and would have solved some of my problems that I was having with i7 2600K version of my original cube. I may go back and do something with that concept down the road.

Your laser cut acrylic parts are just amazing.

neil

Thanks Neil.

Good luck with the rest of your build that Intel board is amazing and I am looking forward to the results.

Judah said:
Absolutely love the end result, very professional. I guess the old adage about having the right tools for the job is quite pertinent!

I concur. As I was filing the USB connector slots in this little ABS switch panel, I thought about the time saving with a laser and the increase in quality.

neil

Attachments

• Swiitch-Panel.jpg
    Swiitch-Panel.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 201
neilhart said:
Judah said:
Absolutely love the end result, very professional. I guess the old adage about having the right tools for the job is quite pertinent!

I concur. As I was filing the USB connector slots in this little ABS switch panel, I thought about the time saving with a laser and the increase in quality.

neil

Hi Neil,

If it is any consolation, I believe that ABS is a material that has a melt risk with laser cutting. I will get some in though and do a few tests, but I have read that acrylic and some other plastics are more suited to the laser - one of the key amazing things with acrylic (aka Perspex) is the fact that there is no more polishing needed as the edges are truly "flame polished".

One thing that did not come out in the pictures is the quality of engraving. Over the Cube power button I made up the little power symbol and the cast acrylic gives a great result - I'll upload an example of that later.

Using the engraving setting of the laser, would it be possible to skim a surface of plastic? To remove scratches ect.

If you would ever consider cutting some parts for your fellow modders. Drop me a mail, future plans I have could really use it, to make a much cleaner mod. :D

Gus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back