RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have to say after 3 years of reading here and getting the odd help from some of you out there, it stills seems like baby steps for me.
I have a sucessful build which is very stable when not overclocked and can be erratic when I push it.
That I completely understand.what I don't understand is why if you have all the correct components for one build you can't use those same components in another?

Example...
I've been able to upgrade the same machine from 10.6 to 10.7 with little problem.
I've have different OSXs on different HDs and they all have worked.

Now I'm trying to upgrade to 10.8 and it's a nightmare.
And why? It's just a new OS. I'm reading about GPU incompatibility, USB problems, etc...
I have learned through trial and many errors that the latest and greatest updates posted here do not work.
You have to "roll back" to previous versions of MultiBeast to find the correct one that works with your MB.
Can someone tell why it's so hard to find those old installers and why they're not marked with the MBs theybhave been tested and known to work with?

The one size fits all doesn't work so why say it does. I'm confused and frustrated as always.

Any light that can be shone on this would be greatly appreciated.

OS X drops support / has different kexts for different hardware every iteration. I would search the forums for people who have similar components as you (with build guides/how-tos), and follow what they did. As a last resort you can always ask someone who has your hardware.

OS X drops support / has different kexts for different hardware every iteration. I would search the forums for people who have similar components as you (with build guides/how-tos), and follow what they did. As a last resort you can always ask someone who has your hardware.

So I'm going to say OFFICiALLY that the GA-H55 USB3 MB does not support ML 10.8.

I've spent close to 200 hours working on it and it's a NO GO.
Further more... all the tweaking has F**ked my L 10.7 HD. I'm now trying to solve why I'm getting the SBBOD after startup on my Lion HD.

I really wish someone would write more about the boot loaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back