Contribute
Register

A Beginner's Guide to Creating a Custom USB SSDT

Thank you again for your support. It is much appreciated :thumbup:
Thank you for your hint what needed to be added. Compilation is easy, without the hint what's actually missing I did not have any idea why it doesn't work and was using only three ports that were working.

Update - June 2019 No.2

With the USBInjectAll.kext now being actively updated again (see above and original guide at post #1) we can now move forward even with the latest hardware and system-definitions. With luck and a following wind this should take us through the changeover to macOS Catalina later this year.

Going forward we are hoping to bring out a completely new Beginner's Guide that encompasses Apple's forthcoming radical changes to how kernel-extensions are implemented. More news will follow in due course.

Big thanks to moderator @Sniki for picking up the baton, and putting in the time and effort to get the show back on the road :thumbup:

Last edited:
Good news :thumbup:

You won't need to worry about an SSDT for the ASMedia USB ports as USBInjectAll only operates on the main Intel ports. They do not count in the 15-port limit.

:)
One last question please ... has remained outside the XHCI controller EH02 port PR01 and port PR12. What is it referring to? Do I have to leave everything like this, or is it not necessary and can it be excluded? Could it refer to the integrated WIFI + Bluetooth card?
Thank you.

One last question please ... has remained outside the XHCI controller EH02 port PR01 and port PR12. What is it referring to? Do I have to leave everything like this, or is it not necessary and can it be excluded? Could it refer to the integrated WIFI + Bluetooth card?
Thank you.
This is my SSDT-UIAC

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    803 bytes · Views: 59
Yes I tried but I didn't understand how to use it. Could you help me?

I am not the developer of Hackintool. This thread is not a tutorial for that method. You should start a new thread explaining your problem and hope the developer can help.

However, looking at your SSDT_UIAC.aml ...

1) The target we are looking for is 15 USB ports.

2) In your SSDT you have 15+2

3) I do not know why Hackintool puts the 2x USB2 ports on EH02. (Also, where is EH01 ?) To do this usually requires FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext to be installed. Perhaps you have done this.

4) Ports that are usually on the "PR" section of the IORegistryExplorer tree do not figure in the 15-limit. Because of this they are not fully configurable, so moving them to EHC is a trick to get around this. It might also be a separate "hub". The XHC controller of your Intel Z390 chipset actually has many more than 15 ports, but it is not recommended to go beyond the 15-limit, however some people disagree with this. This could be why Hackintool offers more.

:)

Big thanks to moderator @Sniki for picking up the baton, and putting in the time and effort to get the show back on the road :thumbup:

I was stuck using USBInjectAll.kext full-time until this Guide put the pieces together and I finally understood how to create a working USB-SSDT. And @Sniki's new kext means I'll be able to keep following this Guide in the future (notwithstanding the big changes in store with Catalina). Big thanks to both of you (@UtterDisbelief and @Sniki)! :clap:

Hello, I have a question: If my laptop already has 15 usb ports (without custom ssdt) do still I have to do a custom usb ssdt?

Thanks to this super easy guide @UtterDisbelief

Hi! I am attempting to follow the guide but I am noticing that my internal USB as well as my Front Panel USB ports are not being recognized at all in IO Registry Explorer. I am not sure how to get these ports to show up. I have used the USBInjectAll kext, FakePCIID kext, & FakePCIID_XHCIMux kext but I cannot get my front and internal ports to show up. Can anyone assist?

My set up is i7-4790K, Asus Z97-K, MSI GTX 1060 6GB

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.6 KB · Views: 70
  • kextstat.png
    kextstat.png
    69.8 KB · Views: 62
  • kextcache.png
    kextcache.png
    128.8 KB · Views: 59
  • sw_vers.png
    sw_vers.png