Contribute
Register

A Beginner's Guide to Creating a Custom USB SSDT

UPDATE - JUNE 2019

As of the time of writing the main kext we use in this guide - USBInjectAll.kext - has not been updated since November 2018. As such it does not include the latest System Definition "iMac19,2" which people with Z390 motherboards and 9000 series CPUs are choosing.

This means you won't easily be able to create a successful port-definition for iMac19,2 using our method.

The tutorial here was only intended as a Beginner's Guide, however there is a more modern method for configuring USB ports that does NOT involve using USBInjectAll.kext.

Here is the link to: ASUS 100 Series and Later Custom SSDT for XHCI USB port Control.

It is not a Beginner's Guide and doesn't, as yet, feature any official detail on how to translate this over to Gigabyte, MSI or ASRock motherboards, though this is in the pipeline. There are a few posts in the thread from builders who have done the conversion. This is worth a read for the more confident builder.

Last edited:
Updated USBInjectAll.kext

Although i recommend testing the method by the link provided by @UtterDisbelief on post #293 as it seems very promising, for you that already had/have good configuration with USBInjectall.kext and have updated/need to update to iMac19,2 i did fork Rehabman USB-Inject-All repository and added support for iMac19,2 (not tested yet on my own as i have no hardware for iMac19,2).

Attached you can find the Debug and Release version of the USBInjectAll.kext

Please test and report back with results.

Attachments

• Release_USBInjectAll.kext.zip
    14.5 KB · Views: 189
  • Debug_USBInjectAll.kext.zip
    17.2 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Good to have a direct link to the fork. Thank you. Is there an external link to the zips, as in post #294, yet? If so I'll add it to the main guide. :thumbup: .
I will add the builds later today as i needed testing/confirmation first. I will let you know as soon as i upload them.

I will add the builds later today as i needed testing/confirmation first. I will let you know as soon as i upload them.

That is excellent. Thanks. I'll do some testing here this afternoon.

Last edited:
Back