Contribute
Register

A Beginner's Guide to Creating a Custom USB SSDT

Yes, I read somewhere that this has been a "rebranding". I'm tempted to say, no, that's not rebranding, that's just confusing! (Much like the GPU scenario a few years back).

I'm willing to go out on the limb and call it outright deception. Lol

I'm holding out hope that USB 4 will actually stop all of this renaming nonsense and finally give Hackintosh owners OOB working, hotplug capable TH3 without the need for custom SSDTs and all the hoops to jump through. Doesn't hurt to dream a little. ;) I'm definitely not buying a new motherboard till all this is sorted out. Probably by 2020 or 21.

Yeah, 20Gbps puts USB 3.2 gen 2x2 on par with Thunderbolt 2 albeit probably with more latency. But it's definitely something that I will eventually want.

It will also make it difficult to upgrade older systems with PCI-e 2.0 only slots. Even now, with USB 3.2 gen 2, just about every PCI-e card you find requires x4 slots. So, gen 2x2 cards will probably require x8 slots. Upgrade card makers can use PCI-e 3.0 x4, but that would alienate users with PCI-e 2.0 only.

I am trying to patch ssdt for usbinjectall. In IORegistryExplorer section XHC@14 is empty eventough usb2 ports are working and attached some devices to it. I installed USBInjectAll.kext and removed port limit patched. What shall I do?

I am trying to patch ssdt for usbinjectall. In IORegistryExplorer section XHC@14 is empty eventough usb2 ports are working and attached some devices to it. I installed USBInjectAll.kext and removed port limit patched. What shall I do?

View attachment 394480

Hello there.

Which version of macOS are you using?

Did you install the port-limit removal patch?

You motherboard is one which will work fine with USBInjectAll and an SSDT.

:)

Hello,

I am using 10.14.3.
Yes, I installed the port-limit removal patch.
What do you mean your last statement? Will you explain it, please!:
"You motherboard is one which will work fine with USBInjectAll and an SSDT. "

Hello,

I am using 10.14.3.
Yes, I installed the port-limit removal patch.
What do you mean your last statement? Will you explain it, please!:
"You motherboard is one which will work fine with USBInjectAll and an SSDT. "

I was just saying that your motherboard is one which will work properly once it has been set up correctly :thumbup:.

Mojave 10.14.3 causes problems for the port-limit removal patch and will probably not work so you will have to create an SSDT by following the guide without seeing all available ports in IORegistryExplorer. People are working on this problem but my own tests have shown the patches being offered as working, are not yet reliable.

Follow the guide and map your ports. Then decide which you will be excluding to get down to the 15-ports required. Complete the template and compile it, then place the resulting USB-SSDT.aml file in the Patched directory as shown.

Hopefully your 15 ports should then show correctly in IORegistryExplorer. :)

I was just saying that your motherboard is one which will work properly once it has been set up correctly :thumbup:.

Mojave 10.14.3 causes problems for the port-limit removal patch and will probably not work so you will have to create an SSDT by following the guide without seeing all available ports in IORegistryExplorer. People are working on this problem but my own tests have shown the patches being offered as working, are not yet reliable.

Follow the guide and map your ports. Then decide which you will be excluding to get down to the 15-ports required. Complete the template and compile it, then place the resulting USB-SSDT.aml file in the Patched directory as shown.

Hopefully your 15 ports should then show correctly in IORegistryExplorer. :)

The problem that I wrote you that IORegistryExplorer section XHC@14 is empty eventough usb2 ports are working and attached some devices to it. I could have messed up something, because before that I could see the connected devices in this section.

The problem that I wrote you that IORegistryExplorer section XHC@14 is empty eventough usb2 ports are working and attached some devices to it. I could have messed up something, because before that I could see the connected devices in this section.View attachment 394623

Hello.

Yes, I understand that. Have you created an SSDT ? If so let us see the template :thumbup:

Hi @nor500 .Just out of curiosity, have you installed fakepciid_xhcimux.kext ? If so i believe that this kext will connect all your HS port to EHCI maybe @UtterDisbelief can elaborate on this ?

Hi @nor500 .Just out of curiosity, have you installed fakepciid_xhcimux.kext ? If so i believe that this kext will connect all your HS port to EHCI maybe @UtterDisbelief can elaborate on this ?
Finally. IORegistryExplorer show the ports in section XHC@14. The search option in IORegistryExplorer made me fool....Never use the search option in there! I am starting to make ssdt patching. Actually usb3 still not showing, but my first plan to make patch for usb2 to make the sleep is working again...

Last edited:
Back