Contribute
Register

A Beginner's Guide to Creating a Custom USB SSDT

I think I have an issue here. I followed this and original rehab guide with no success. My hs list goes to hs14 but ss stops at ss10. Also I’m not sure why I get two devices in top list on hackintool.
I tried booting with flag to inject just hs or ss but it dies nothing.

I attach pics, I’m on latest 2020-003 10.13.6

Attachments

• C8BC1E2C-B15E-4569-A32F-26DFE7CD9A1C.jpeg
    C8BC1E2C-B15E-4569-A32F-26DFE7CD9A1C.jpeg
    475.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 9FCC66D9-46DF-44B8-8724-A7E12F75EB9F.jpeg
    9FCC66D9-46DF-44B8-8724-A7E12F75EB9F.jpeg
    559.3 KB · Views: 53
I think I have an issue here. I followed this and original rehab guide with no success. My hs list goes to hs14 but ss stops at ss10. Also I’m not sure why I get two devices in top list on hackintool.
I tried booting with flag to inject just hs or ss but it dies nothing.

I attach pics, I’m on latest 2020-003 10.13.6

Hi there.

A Z170 chipset features 14x USB2.0 ports and 10x USB3.0 ports. If you use ISBInjectAll.kext and a port-limit removal patch you will see them all, along with a couple of USR ports.

Your IORegistryExplorer screengrab shows that you do not have the patch in place.

The reason for 2x devices in the top panel of Hackintool is because your motherboard also uses a third-party, add-on, controller to give it 2x USB3.1 Gen 2 ports on the back-panel, because the Z170 only goes as far as Gen 1. This controller is by an other company called ASMedia (ASM1142). You can ignore these ports as the 15-limit only applies to Intel main chipset USB ports. They will still work.

It can be confusing use the include_ and exclude_ USBInjectAll options so I would recommend following this guide or the more recent one, until you feel confident.

:)

Hi there.

A Z170 chipset features 14x USB2.0 ports and 10x USB3.0 ports. If you use ISBInjectAll.kext and a port-limit removal patch you will see them all, along with a couple of USR ports.

Your IORegistryExplorer screengrab shows that you do not have the patch in place.

The reason for 2x devices in the top panel of Hackintool is because your motherboard also uses a third-party, add-on, controller to give it 2x USB3.1 Gen 2 ports on the back-panel, because the Z170 only goes as far as Gen 1. This controller is by an other company called ASMedia (ASM1142). You can ignore these ports as the 15-limit only applies to Intel main chipset USB ports. They will still work.

It can be confusing use the include_ and exclude_ USBInjectAll options so I would recommend following this guide or the more recent one, until you feel confident.

Thanks for helping. Actually I did see all of the ports right from the beginning, without the patch. At some point it started to recognize the usb3 device, I don’t know why it didn’t before.
It took me a while to get that those 2 ports are considered extra. Anyway, I deleted the non used and now it’s working good.

Edit:
It is working, but charging an ipad, despite it displaying charging process and not "not in charge", still is slower then it discharging.

Last edited:
I wanted to say thanx in a huge amount for this guide. All my ports are mapped and I understand now why i needed a 15 port limit, when i could only count 10. So much clearer.

Has also reafirmed my faith that I can do this, as I had been contemplating installing Win10 and trying to learn a new OS so i could justify the expense of a new box. So much to do now cathing up, but one more thing crossed off the list

Thanx so much to the whole community
D

I wanted to say thanx in a huge amount for this guide. All my ports are mapped and I understand now why i needed a 15 port limit, when i could only count 10. So much clearer.

Has also reafirmed my faith that I can do this, as I had been contemplating installing Win10 and trying to learn a new OS so i could justify the expense of a new box. So much to do now cathing up, but one more thing crossed off the list

Thanx so much to the whole community
D

Thanks for the post. Glad you were able to get everything configured correctly.

Yes indeed, this community is the best. :thumbup:

Do you have an instruction for Opencore? I'm experiencing Bluetooth keep hackintosh awake right after sleep
Many thanks :thumbup:

Do you have an instruction for Opencore? I'm experiencing Bluetooth keep hackintosh awake right after sleep
Many thanks :thumbup:

I've read but that topic didn't mention about bluetooth. I tried to plug - unplug bluetooth adapter to USB power but it doesn't change

I've read but that topic didn't mention about bluetooth. I tried to plug - unplug bluetooth adapter to USB power but it doesn't change

The process for configuring your USB ports for OpenCore is included in the guide linked to.

You didn't mention if you are using an external USB Bluetooth dongle, or an internal wifi/BT PCIe card. However the following should work for both, although some external USB dongles can be tricky.

To cure the problem of BT waking a machine you need to set the port you are using as "Internal". Take a look at this graphic:

Internal.jpg

Your own port numbers will be different, and which port you chose for Bluetooth may also be different, but the procedure applies.

(If you are coding your SSDT manually the section to add is - UsbConnector type = 255.)

If you find that the PC is still waking from sleep straight away, then the problem will not be Bluetooth.

Last edited:
The process for configuring your USB ports for OpenCore is included in the guide linked to.

You didn't mention if you are using an external USB Bluetooth dongle, or an internal wifi/BT PCIe card. However the following should work for both, although some external USB dongles can be tricky.

To cure the problem of BT waking a machine you need to set the port you are using as "Internal". Take a look at this graphic:

Your own port numbers will be different, and which port you chose for Bluetooth may also be different, but the procedure applies.

(If you are coding your SSDT manually the section to add is - UsbConnector type = 255.)

If you find that the PC is still waking from sleep straight away, then the problem will not be Bluetooth.

I'm using Intel 9260 includes Bluetooth adapter (connect through USB Power, Wifi on PCI.E slot).
The problem is I've complied SSDT-UIAC and SSDT-EC-USBX but I afraid it will crash current EFI boot so I have not replaced SSDT-EC-USBX yet because the different was too large (SSDE-EC-USBX I'm using from Opencore guide: https://github.com/dortania/Getting...extra-files/compiled/SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml)

So for now, I've only add one more file is SSDT-UIAC. However it doesn't work although it's Internal, the port I'm using is HS01

1593673189960.png

btw, it's missing XHC on the top as well :(

Back