Graphics
RX 560
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Classic Mac
eMac, iBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Assuming the Gen 2 ports are on a different controller, that shouldn't be a problem should it? I thought the 15 port limit was per controller, not for the entire motherboard.
That depends on what exactly you mean. Of the main CPUs only the latest feature USB3.1 Gen 2 on the Intel controller. Most in circulation prior to the Z390 have Gen 1. So motherboard manufacturers used add-on, 3rd-party, chips to provide the Gen 2 ports.

To follow through with your argument, some older Intel chipsets feature an XHCI controller as well as two EHCI controllers. That would add up to 45 ports. So clearly that's not the case.

Apple only uses the Intel controller and no 3rd-party "piggy-back' controllers like ASMedia and Renesas. So the 15-port limit is for those Intel ports. However, there is driver support for add-on PCI-e USB cards that might, for example, fit in a Mac Pro. Those are 3rd-party controllers that need 3rd-party drivers (you might have seen mention of CalDigital, NEC, ASMedia, Renesas etc). They don't feature in the 15.

Motherboard
Z390 AORUS PRO
CPU
i7 8700k - 4.7Ghz
Graphics
RX580 4Gb
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey, I’ve been reading some other posts about creating a usb.kext with Hackintool and removing the usb-uiac.aml

which method is the best?

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370M D3H
CPU
i3-8350K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Classic Mac
eMac, iBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey, I’ve been reading some other posts about creating a usb.kext with Hackintool and removing the usb-uiac.aml

which method is the best?
Check my new guide here.

This was created because going forward with Catalina and beyond a new method might be required at some point :thumbup:

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi. I have already made the 3.0 USB ports work on aorus z390 pro.
I used usbinjectall.kext 0.7.3 and I placed it in the Clover / kexts / other folder.
.View attachment 432586
In config.plist I modified matchOS and put 10.15.0
View attachment 432588
In clover / acpi / patched / I have placed ssdt_usb.ami
View attachment 432589
I have restarted and it already recognizes ports 3.0

I hope this works for everyone. good luck
View attachment 432591
Hello luismsb
I have Gigabyte Z390 M and I5 9600K in my new computer and no work USB 3.
You have update at 10.15.1? All USB still work?
Where you found the parameters for USB port Limit Patch 1-2-3 ?
The ssdt_usb.ami where did you download?

Thanks

Last edited: