Contribute
Register

A Beginner's Guide to Creating a Custom USB SSDT

Hey, I’ve been reading some other posts about creating a usb.kext with Hackintool and removing the usb-uiac.aml

which method is the best?

Check my new guide here.

This was created because going forward with Catalina and beyond a new method might be required at some point :thumbup:

Hi. I have already made the 3.0 USB ports work on aorus z390 pro.
I used usbinjectall.kext 0.7.3 and I placed it in the Clover / kexts / other folder.
.View attachment 432586
In config.plist I modified matchOS and put 10.15.0
View attachment 432588
In clover / acpi / patched / I have placed ssdt_usb.ami
View attachment 432589
I have restarted and it already recognizes ports 3.0

I hope this works for everyone. good luck
View attachment 432591
Hello luismsb
I have Gigabyte Z390 M and I5 9600K in my new computer and no work USB 3.
You have update at 10.15.1? All USB still work?
Where you found the parameters for USB port Limit Patch 1-2-3 ?
The ssdt_usb.ami where did you download?

Thanks

Last edited:
I never seem to have the time to do this, so i've just used usb inject all for years now. I was wondering if anyone has done this for Gigabyte GA-Z270N-WIFI and could share the files?

Last edited:
I never seem to have the time to do this, so i've just used usb inject all for years now. I was wondering if anyone has done this for Gigabyte GA-Z270N-WIFI and could share the files?

Thank you. That's something I can do and still keep my job, wife and kids :)

Hello! I am so stuck, I'd love to do this but I can't get any USB Limit Patches Working! Is it possible to build the USB SSDT without first applying the patch? Can I somehow see all my USB port IDs from within windows and make the file in my Mojave partition? I hope someone can help me out with this! This forum is great!

Gigabyte Z390 ITX Pro Wifi, i9-9900K Coffee Lake, Sapphire Radeon RX580 8GB

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17 MB · Views: 79
kelskafoss,

I have the same motherboard, CPU, and Graphics as you. My computer case is the CoolerMaster Elite 130, so its front panel USB ports may be different than yours. My USB port mapping is shown below. I am attaching my zipped SSDT file which activates the ports shown in my port mapping document, except for the Type C port, which I did not activate. If you think this could help you and want to try it, you would need to do the following:
1. Unzip my attached "SSDT-6-AMI-aml" file and place it into your "EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched" folder.
2. Go to your "EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other" folder and remove "USBInjectAll.kext." Also remove it from "/Library/Extensions."
3. In your config.plist, in the ACPI window, there is a small box labeled "AutoMerge" at the lower left. Check that box, otherwise my SSDT will not work.
4. Restart your computer in Mac OS and open "IORegistryExplorer.app." Scroll down to the "XHC" topic and see if the ports you need are there. If so, your USB ports should be set up. If not, post back.
USB Port Assignments.jpg

Attachments

• SSDT-6-A M I.aml.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Thanks so much! I was actually able to figure it out by probing each USB port with a USB2 drive, then advancing the port from 0x01 to 0x11, 0x0a to 0x1a, et cetera. I was able to compile the SSDT first try and all of the USB 3 ports work, including the USB 3.1 and USB-C Port. As far as I can tell I think everything is finally working!!

kelskafoss,

I have the same motherboard, CPU, and Graphics as you. My computer case is the CoolerMaster Elite 130, so its front panel USB ports may be different than yours. My USB port mapping is shown below. I am attaching my zipped SSDT file which activates the ports shown in my port mapping document, except for the Type C port, which I did not activate. If you think this could help you and want to try it, you would need to do the following:
1. Unzip my attached "SSDT-6-AMI-aml" file and place it into your "EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched" folder.
2. Go to your "EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other" folder and remove "USBInjectAll.kext."
3. Restart your computer in Mac OS and open "IORegistryExplorer.app." Scroll down to the "XHC" topic and see if the ports you need are there. If so, your USB ports should be set up. If not, post back.

Congrats; sounds like you did that without any help! Does your IORegistryExplorer "XHC" area look anything like mine? I guess if the USB-C port is enabled too, it will be different from mine. If I understand correctly, the red port (USB 3.1) is controlled other than in XHC anyway, and won't count into the maximum number of 15 ports allowed by Apple.
(Please note that I forgot that "USBInjectAll.kext" needed to be removed from "/Library/Extensions" also, if there. I updated my earlier post.)

IORegistryExplorer.jpg

Back