Contribute
Register

A Beginner's Guide to Creating a Custom USB SSDT

Ah okay, i noticed that after i installed it all my HS ports were empty and only EH01 and EH02 were populated

Hi @nor500 .Just out of curiosity, have you installed fakepciid_xhcimux.kext ? If so i believe that this kext will connect all your HS port to EHCI maybe @UtterDisbelief can elaborate on this ?

The H370 chipset has an XHCI controller which should be turned-on in the BIOS, so no need for FakePCIID_XHCImux :thumbup:

Yes, I understand that. Have you created an SSDT ? If so let us see the template :thumbup:
[/QUOTE]
No I haven't. I am starting it now, however, usb3 ports not yet showing up. Is it possible to make ssdt patch for usb3 ports without the system regognizing them?

Ah okay, i noticed that after i installed it all my HS ports were empty and only EH01 and EH02 were populated

You are using EHCI ?

Yes, I understand that. Have you created an SSDT ? If so let us see the template :thumbup:
No I haven't. I am starting it now, however, usb3 ports not yet showing up. Is it possible to make ssdt patch for usb3 ports without the system regognizing them?
[/QUOTE]

Yes. This is a problem with the port-limit removal patch and Mojave and sometimes High Sierra too. You can still create an SSDT and for the ports not working "guess" their addresses, as I explain in the guide :)

@UtterDisbelief Well i dont know how to turn it off, i have already did this guide but i have serveral questions as it still havent resolved my USB soundi nterface problem with RME Babyface :(

1. Not all my back ports were working during the discovery step :/ I was using USB 3.0 hub to discover used ports and the middle three rows were not connected to anything but when i connect something to them it "works"

2. I didnt find any way turn off EHCI if it even is possible on my MSI x99a Gaming 7 :/ Only ehci handoff can be turned off

Here's my debug zip if you're intersted i reported it here and ended up here:

@UtterDisbelief Well i dont know how to turn it off, i have already did this guide but i have serveral questions as it still havent resolved my USB soundi nterface problem with RME Babyface :(

1. Not all my back ports were working during the discovery step :/ I was using USB 3.0 hub to discover used ports and the middle three rows were not connected to anything but when i connect something to them it "works"

View attachment 394678

2. I didnt find any way turn off EHCI if it even is possible on my MSI x99a Gaming 7 :/ Only ehci handoff can be turned off

Here's my debug zip if you're intersted i reported it here and ended up here:

The reason why only 2x USB 3.0 ports and 2x USB 2.0 ports on the back-panel are showing is because they are the ones controlled by the Intel X99 chipset. The 4x USB 3.0 are controlled by a VIA VL805 chip and the 2x USB 3.1 are controlled by an ASMedia ASM1142 chip.

In general the only ports which show up in the XHCI or ECHI sections of the IORegistryExplorer tree are the ones from the Intel chipset. The others may (or may not) work and you might find them elsewhere such as the RP** section. There are others too. These do not count in the 15-port limit.

The BIOS for your motherboard has both EHCI and XHCI Controller toggles. Enable/Disable. Ensure that XHCI is Enabled :thumbup:

@UtterDisbelief so should i somehow disable the VL805 and ASM1142 ? No guide is covering them :/ maybe that's the reason why my mouse is affecting audio ?

I finished with the ssdt usb patching. My problem is that usb2 only (black ports) are not recognized and working. I am using this scheme for those ports:
Is there anything wrong with them?

#############

"HS09", Package() // closer to ps2 port
{
"UsbConnector", 0,
"port", Buffer() { 0x09, 0, 0, 0 },

},

"HS10", Package() // further to ps2 port
{
"UsbConnector", 0,
"port", Buffer() { 0x10, 0, 0, 0 },

},

#############

Last edited:
The reason why only 2x USB 3.0 ports and 2x USB 2.0 ports on the back-panel are showing is because they are the ones controlled by the Intel X99 chipset. The 4x USB 3.0 are controlled by a VIA VL805 chip and the 2x USB 3.1 are controlled by an ASMedia ASM1142 chip.

In general the only ports which show up in the XHCI or ECHI sections of the IORegistryExplorer tree are the ones from the Intel chipset. The others may (or may not) work and you might find them elsewhere such as the RP** section. There are others too. These do not count in the 15-port limit.

The BIOS for your motherboard has both EHCI and XHCI Controller toggles. Enable/Disable. Ensure that XHCI is Enabled :thumbup:
Does it mean that VIA and ASM ports are also counted in 15 port limit ? If so, is it possible to fix this ? Or should i just buy another MoBo ?

Back