RX 560
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Classic Mac
eMac, iBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi again,

To check how this hub was working i disable all 3.1 back panel usb , i left only the internal 4 USB 2.0 and the 2 back panel USB 2.0 , attached is the .aml that i copy in patch.

Result , if i connect the hub to one of the intenal port HS11/12 or HS7/8 and on the hub i connect USB2.0 front panel with usb pen inserted, Processor cooling Corsair H100i or Bluetooth is not going to sleep, any of this inserted without hub does not gave me any problem.

In the forum i saw that are using my same hub, i dont think is because i reach more 15 port i disable all port
A good test :thumbup:

The "port count" is wrong in the aml file though. Should be "0x0C" in this small template etc.

It might be that we cannot get around the hub being the problem. That is why I suggested trying to configure your ports without it. However if you want to use the hub for everything else then at least connect the bluetooth to it's own, dedicated, header with nothing else attached.

:)

Motherboard
Msi z270 pro carbon
CPU
i7 7700k
Graphics
RX 580 + GTX 1080
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
A good test :thumbup:

The "port count" is wrong in the aml file though. Should be "0x0C" in this small template etc.

It might be that we cannot get around the hub being the problem. That is why I suggested trying to configure your ports without it. However if you want to use the hub for everything else then at least connect the bluetooth to it's own, dedicated, header with nothing else attached.

I did every test , connect the Bluetooth on is own, ( hs07) on his 12 connect the hub with Corsair h100i.
Still the same issue , the problem is the hub, I don't understand why

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370M D3H
CPU
i3-8350K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Classic Mac
eMac, iBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
.. the problem is the hub ...
So the hub is the one thing which now prevents sleep?

When we started this process, it was the bluetooth causing the problem. And you seem to have sorted-out that one.

We don't know anything about the hub you are using so cannot offer help.

For sure though, a hub plugged into a motherboard header does not increase the total port count. It may have 4x or 6x or 8x ports on it, but the hub still only uses 1x motherboard port on the XHC controller.

Motherboard
Msi z270 pro carbon
CPU
i7 7700k
Graphics
RX 580 + GTX 1080
Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
So the hub is the one thing which now prevents sleep?

When we started this process, it was the bluetooth causing the problem. And you seem to have sorted-out that one.

We don't know anything about the hub you are using so cannot offer help.

For sure though, a hub plugged into a motherboard header does not increase the total port count. It may have 4x or 6x or 8x ports on it, but the hub still only uses 1x motherboard port on the XHC controller.

Esactly how can I see why this hub weak me up the machine.
Those are the hub I use

Attachments

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370M D3H
CPU
i3-8350K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Classic Mac
eMac, iBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Esactly how can I see why this hub weak me up the machine.
Those are the hub I use
Hi there.

Yes, those look like standard internal hubs. No problem on that score.

This is well beyond the scope of a beginner's guide ...

Some ideas:

As I explained before a device plugged-in to a USB port can wake a machine by polling it. You could check System Report to see how they are recognised, and IORegistryExplorer for how they are managed.

You could check the system.log to see what exactly woke the machine. It will give you time and date and then "Wake reason:"

Clearly a hub needs power all the time to work.

Motherboard
Msi z270 pro carbon
CPU
i7 7700k
Graphics
RX 580 + GTX 1080
Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi there.

Yes, those look like standard internal hubs. No problem on that score.

This is well beyond the scope of a beginner's guide ...

Some ideas:

As I explained before a device plugged-in to a USB port can wake a machine by polling it. You could check System Report to see how they are recognised, and IORegistryExplorer for how they are managed.

You could check the system.log to see what exactly woke the machine. It will give you time and date and then "Wake reason:"

Clearly a hub needs power all the time to work.

I open another post i hope is the correct section with all information
I really hope to solve and finally close this case and enjoy my hackintosh

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD3R
CPU
X5650
Graphics
7970HD
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi I need assistance creating an USB SSDT, not sure what I am doing wrong (have been trying for awhile). I have put the DSDT patches in, but my ports still are showing as PR, not HS as in every tutorial. Am I missing some patch or kext? Thank you very much for whatever assistance, tips, etc.

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370N WIFI
CPU
i5-8400
Mac
MacBook
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi everyone, I followed the guide and managed to map my USB ports, the ports are working but now Bluetooth isn't working anymore. I noticed that my Broadcom card (internally plugged into the m.2 slot, replacing original gigabyte card, not actually plugged into a USB port) was seen by IORegistryExplorer in port HS10 so I kept it active setting it as "USBConnector", 255, but still it doesn't work (and now disappeared in IORegistryExplorer). WiFi is working properly (and it wasn't mentioned in IORegistryExplorer).
What should I do?
In attachment the SSDT_USB.aml file and a screenshot of IORegistryExplorer before rebooting with SSDT file in EFI folder.
Thanks a lot for helping, guys!

Attachments

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370M D3H
CPU
i3-8350K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Classic Mac
eMac, iBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi I need assistance creating an USB SSDT, not sure what I am doing wrong (have been trying for awhile). I have put the DSDT patches in, but my ports still are showing as PR, not HS as in every tutorial. Am I missing some patch or kext? Thank you very much for whatever assistance, tips, etc.
Hi there.

This thread isn't concerning the Hackintool method for configuration. There are differences.

However, to try and help. let us see the SSDT you've created and an IORegistryExplorer output - either an *ioreg export or a screengrab covering the XHC controller.