- Feb 13, 2012
- Gigabyte Z390M Gaming - Clover 5102
- RX 570 1920x1080
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
I am trying to setup USB on my ASROCK Z390M ITX/AC board on 10.14.5
My ssdt does not appear to have any effect. In my SSDT I have selected 14 ports but they are not being respected, instead going for the first 15... Any hints on what I am missing?
View attachment 405774
For reference, I need the following ports (HS14 is bluetooth and SS04 is type-c. HS09 and HS10 are USB2 ports):
Your screen grab seems to imply that the patch isn't working, for sure.
A few points to note -
1) Personally I don't like opening unknown zip files. This is only my preference, but you can understand why, I'm sure. The SSDT is fine
2) I checked with the ASRock website for your motherboard but they don't specify if they use an extra USB chipset and whether or not they use a USB 2.0 hub. This happens a lot with the latest motherboards. So by default I assume all is catered for by the Z390 chipset alone.
3) So with USBInjectAll and the Port-Limit Removal Patch in place do you see all 26-ports, or at least a number in the 20's ? This would confirm that there is just a mistake somewhere in the SSDT we haven't yet spotted etc.
4) You have another post here about 10.14.5 restarts after an hour of running. Was this USB problem before or since the upgrade?