1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Yosemite Clover: 9600GT Problem

Hello Dear Tonymac users! :)

Thanks to this site I have successfully managed to install Yosemite on my:
P5LD2 SE with C2D E6550 and 9200 LE with everything except graphics fully functional!
My another step was to buy new graphics card so I have chosen Gainward 9600GT 1GB.
Unfortunately after installing it Yosemite wasn't starting...
I have used -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes boot flags but there were only mashed pixels on the screen after graphic kext being loaded :( Also GPU fan stopped working...
I have tried to delete graphics kexts from /extensions (Natit, Nvenabler..) using 9200 LE, eventually this allowed me to successfully boot yosemite with 9600GT.
Well I dont know what went wrong, but no native display resolutions and no qe/ci ever showed up.. Maybe it was fault of mine excessive kext erasing in /extensions :clap: (probably yes)...
Eventually I figured out that my configuration should allow to install retail Yosemite with Clover, I have built bootable USB with your tutorial, but when trying to start from "Install OS X Yosemite"
NVDAStartup: Official; NVDANV50HAL loaded and registered.
shows up and PC reboots...
When using Clover Bootloader I'm able to get 1920x1200 resolution though, looks like its more compatible. I have tried dart=0, npci=0x2000/3000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes/NO acpi=Off USBBusFix=1 boot flags with no success :crazy:
Where should I start to look now? What could be a good method to make my Graphics fully work with Yosemite?
I'm now during clean clover installation with my 9200 LE so in a few minutes I'll be able to work on osx to configure essential tools you tell me to get.

Thanks anyway for great job making so many users happy across the world, I hope with your help I will become one of them ;)

Reinstalled Yosemite using clover and mine 9200 le, booted up with it - everything fine except graphics, after boot, typing password just spinning beachball, can't log in to the system.
After installing 9600GT, clearing CMOS, -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes results in "Consider rebuild of prebuild Kernel, Prebuild Rebuild has expired"

Should I reinstall Yosemite again? Maybe with 9600gt installed??
Maybe this time it will work, looks like fortunately graphics worked (NVDANV50HAL Loaded and registered)
What do you think?:wave:

Thank you for your reply
Trying with clover all the time. Booting pendrive with 9600GT -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes results in this:
11056673_10205060282959826_78311228_n.jpg
lots of text lines then the system reboots, on 9200 le installer works.

Thank you for your reply
Trying with clover all the time. Booting pendrive with 9600GT -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes results in this:
View attachment 130027
lots of text lines then the system reboots, on 9200 le installer works.

As you are trying with CLOVER the flag "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" is not valid as this is for Chimera/Chameleon.

Which config.plist you are using?

Ensure that your BIOS settings are changed as per mentioned in the guide which you are following.

Oh gosh... I didn't know clover has different types of bootflags. Now i know... Thanks a lot... I will post how everything went after a few hours (didnt sleep whole night because of getting used to chameleon :crazy: )

Thanks a lot again :)

Ok,

A little success after your help :)

I am now able to boot up system normally using nv_disable=1

Resolution I need is working, but no QE/CI :(
What could be the problem?

Ok,

A little success after your help :)

I am now able to boot up system normally using nv_disable=1

Resolution I need is working, but no QE/CI :(
What could be the problem?

nv_disable=1 will prevent the native nvidia drivers from loading.

Have you performed the post installation tasks?

Yes,
everything is done now.
I have found out that I need to install nvidia web drivers now. Where can I find them? Nvidia site says that yosemite drivers aren't supporting 9 series GPUs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back