Radeon 6870 1GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
SSD ICONS.png
I got kind of bored with my SSD drives having the default hard drive icons, and I was having trouble finding a nice set of custom SSD icons by brand name, so I created a simple set of 8 SSD icons for OSX. It's nice to show your fast drives from those slow old-school spinners. Hopefully others might find these useful as well.

View attachment SSD ICONS.zip

Some icon tools to get you started creating your own:

SSD icon Photoshop Template: DOWNLOAD

Hard Drive icon Photoshop Template: DOWNLOAD

Img2icns App (Create OSX icons from image files): LINK
(On a Retina display if this app doesn't work, Get Info and check "Open in Low Resolution".)

Basic Photoshop instructions: LINK

Basic Gimp instructions: LINK

Ssd icons

Thanks for this :thumbup:

Ssd icons

how do I select it as my drive icon?
1. Right-click (or control-click) then Get Info on both drive and icon file so both info windows are open.
2. Select icon in upper left corner of source icon's Info window. COPY
3. Select icon in upper left corner of target Info window. PASTE

Target should now have the source's icon.

By the way, works with drives, folders, shortcuts, etc.

It's ironic that OSX generally isn't nearly as customizable as Windows, but when it comes to desktop icons it's very customizable.

Do you guys know how to change my windows 8 drive icon? I have tried and it just beeps and stays the same when I try

Thanks!

This works perfectly since I have the OCZ Agility 3 :)

Do you guys know how to change my windows 8 drive icon? I have tried and it just beeps and stays the same when I try

Thanks!

Most likely the problem is that you can't write an icon to your Windows drive unless you have read/write privileges. You can add the icon to / of Windows while you're booted into windows I think. Try it out.

BTW: Great icons :thumbup:

Back