Contribute
Register

90% system functionality! Sleep not working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello dear users,

My Hack Pro is done for like 90%. However, I can't get sleep working. I really don't know how to fix it on my Asus Hackintosh.

Specs:
i5 4670K
gtx 780
12GB ram
Asus B85M-E mobo

I tried installing SleepEnabler using kext wizard but that resulted in a kernel panic when booting my Hack...:banghead:

Hope someone can help me with this so I can reinstall OS X for the last time :crazy:

Hello dear users,

My Hack Pro is done for like 90%. However, I can't get sleep working. I really don't know how to fix it on my Asus Hackintosh.

Specs:
i5 4670K
gtx 780
12GB ram
Asus B85M-E mobo

I tried installing SleepEnabler using kext wizard but that resulted in a kernel panic when booting my Hack...:banghead:

Hope someone can help me with this so I can reinstall OS X for the last time :crazy:

Power management?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...tive-ivy-bridge-cpu-gpu-power-management.html

Sorry if it sounds dumb but I don't understand a thing about that guide. What is it I need to do? Wich steps do I have to follow?:beachball:

I don't think you've spent enough time reading it.

Sorry man! :(
However, it didn't work at all...

I now know how to describe the problem a bit more properly as before:

When I choose sleep, my monitor goes black. Nice and steady.
Then, my DVD drive makes the "boot" sound and the PC goes off. Then, it goes on for like 1 second. Then it goes immediately off, then it goes on with the DVD drive making a hard, rough sound like there are 2 DVD's in the drive...and it goes of... then, for the last time, it makes the same noise and the pc restarts completely.

I hope that's enough info you guys need from me :(

Sorry man! :(
However, it didn't work at all...

I now know how to describe the problem a bit more properly as before:

When I choose sleep, my monitor goes black. Nice and steady.
Then, my DVD drive makes the "boot" sound and the PC goes off. Then, it goes on for like 1 second. Then it goes immediately off, then it goes on with the DVD drive making a hard, rough sound like there are 2 DVD's in the drive...and it goes of... then, for the last time, it makes the same noise and the pc restarts completely.

I hope that's enough info you guys need from me :(

What happens if you disconnect the DVD drive? Post ioreg if you want me to look at your PM setup: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Here it is...I hope

You have no custom SSDT. See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/ssdt/86906-ssdt-generation-script-ivybridge-pm.html

You should probably drop your OEM SSDT tables too. DropSSDT=Y.

Additional GPU power management can be obtained by renaming GFX0 -> IGPU in DSDT. See: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch. Apply "Rename GFX0 to IGPU".

Note: To disassemble your DSDT properly, you'll need to extract all tables in Linux, then disassemble them with a recent build of iasl:
Code:
# with all SSDT and DSDT tables (not other ACPI tables) in the same directory
iasl -e *.aml -d *.aml

I tested this (by extracting your ACPI tables from your ioreg) and there are only a few errors to fix in the native DSDT.

I really don't want sound dumb (again)... but I cannot open ssdtPRGen...

And from there on, I don't really know what to do next. What do you mean by dropping tables in Linux? Using a Ubuntu live dvd or something?

I am a beginner with Hackintosh... but I really want to learn all these things ( and fix this annoying little problem)

Even so, thanks for all the help so far, RehabMan! :thumbup:
You're awesome!

I really don't want sound dumb (again)... but I cannot open ssdtPRGen...

Make sure you read the instructions. An alternative is to use the ProBook Installer, which has a copy of this script ("SSDT Generator" checkbox).

And from there on, I don't really know what to do next. What do you mean by dropping tables in Linux? Using a Ubuntu live dvd or something?

By drop OEM tables I mean set DropSSDT=Y. Nothing to do with Linux. Basically, because you're providing a replacement SSDT via the ssdtPRgen script, you'll need to drop the other tables so the bootloader doesn't inject them (because you don't want conflicts).

By extracting tables, I mean collecting all the files in /sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic using an Ubuntu "live" USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back