i7-2600K
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
100% successful Yosemite install Clover on GA-77N-Wifi

Hi everyone,

I followed Tony's guide and I can proudly say thanks to him and some homework I got my GA-77n-Wifi up and running perfectly. I'm going to give some details about what I did so that others can have an easier time.

Specs:
i7 3770k
16GB Ram
GA-77n-WIFI (F2 Bios)
Samsung 120 SSD
RocketFish Bluetooth

Final Kexts on EFI:
FakeSMC (from Tony's guide)
NullCPU (from Tony's guide)
Realtek Ethernet (from Multibeast lnx2mac)
RealtekALC.kext (will explain...) <--added after install, not needed before

DSDT.AML and SSDT being used as well. (DSDT was f2 stock from tonymac's dsdt page. SSDT grabbed in multibeast)

(I followed all steps on Tony's guide to create my config.plist as well)

(BEFORE STARTING MAKE COPIES OF YOUR STUFF ALONG THE WAY IN A SAFE PLACE IN CASE YOU SCREW UP).

My install:

1. Followed Tony's USB creation process and config. Remember to only use 2.0 drive as 3.0 will give issues until fixed (later)
2. I had a hard time getting 77n to recognize my usb drive. I finally got it to recognize but showed a boot1 /6 on black screen and then looked like it wasn't doing anyting. I thought this was an error and I kept rebooting... however after waiting 15 - 20 seconds and not touching anything, clover boot screen did show up.

3. FYI, I used a 2.0 usb drive that FLEW through install on my system using chameleon / unibeast. With Clover and default config through tony... it was SLOW... VERY SLOW... so be patient. Its almost hard to see the progress bar move. However I let it be and booted into the install.

4. Install will go a little slower as well. When it restarts, just pick your usb again and it will finish the install and reboot.

5. On this boot, pick the actual hdd and boot.

In the OS:

1. First thing is that I followed through Tony's guide and used configurator and created a config based on his settings. I also used his settings in the tutorial to install clover to my OS Drive. I did change my EFI partition to Fat (used his guide) and used EFI mounter v2 to access it (love this :) ).

Areas working off the bat:
- ethernet
- sleep
- very fast and stable system
- no orange hdd icons
- all around a happy start!

Needed to fix:
1. Audio (alc892)
2 Audio to hdmi (4000)
3 USB fix

Fixes

1. Audio ALC892: I wanted to not have to patch AppleHDA. I did some digging and found audio_cloverALC-100.command. This is a terminal script that will confirm your ALC version, ask what version you want 1, 2, or 3, and finally patch your config.plist and also create the RealtekALC.kext and put it in your efi/clover/kexts folder. (YOU MUST HAVE YOUR EFI PARTITOIN MOUNTED FIRST BEFORE RUNNING SCRIPT FOR THIS TO WORK). In the readme option 1 is for 5/6 audio connections, 2 forgot what it is, 3 is for analog / optical / HDMI audio (it will ask that you have a ssdt or dsdt patched... say yes if you choose this, but this will be fixed later). If you want HDMI out , pick 3. If you want normal, just pick 1. (look up 2 if you're curious).

if it's successful you should be able to reboot and have internal speakers, line out, digital out, (headphones when plugged in). The beauty of this is that it patches applehda.kext on the fly through clover and not through your system (very sneaky sneaky)

2. To fix the HDMI (and bonus clean up your DSDT :) ), this was very simple using Toleda's readme. I had to open my dsdt.aml while on the desktop (made a copy from my EFI partition) using MacIASL.

A > IMPORTANT: Before going further I looked on the very top of my DSDT and saw "A M I" across line 19. If you have this then continue. If not, don't and read up on how to fix

B > Next I went into the preferences and added as a source https://raw.github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_hd4000/master (and renamed it to Into HDMI 4000 Intel Fixes (name it what you want but remember it)

C > Once I added that I went back to the main screen and hit "Patch" icon. This brought up a list on the side. I found my named folder "HDMI 4000 Intel Fixes OR what you named it" and in there was a "AMI-Clean_Compile-7Series". I clicked on that and hit apply at the bottom, (give it a few seconds to complete), then I hit "close" button which brings you back to the main screen in. I then hit the "compile" button to make sure no errors were found. Zero were found for me.

D > Still on the main screen I hit "Patch" again and this time I looked for AMI-HD4000-AMD-NVIDIA. This is for AUDIO ID :3 (remember when I told you before when using the terminal script to pick 1 , 2 , or 3? This is where that comes in and you had to have picked 3 for this to work :) ). I selected that and once again hit "apply" (waited a few seconds to complete), then I hit "close", and then on the main screen I hit "compile" again to make sure no errors were found (none were found).

E > At this point we are 100% finished on fixing the audio part, but still need to fix the USB. The dsdt is not finished but will continue in part 3. Don't CLOSE MacIASL!! (leave it open)

3: USB 2.0 / 3.0 Fix:

This was pointed in my direction by other members on Tony's site and thank you very much. We are doing the same thing we did above but just have to add another location in our MacIASL preferences to get the patch we need.

A > So once again in MacIASL (still should be open from above in step 2), go to preferences then sources and add
http://pjalm.info/repos/intel7 and name it what you want ... I named it "USB Fix 77n". Once added exit preferences and
come back to the main screen.

B > Now at the main screen we are going to hit "patch" once again. Once in that window on the left we're going to look for "USB FIX 77n or whatever you named it"

C > Once we find the found we want to click on "USB Multiplex". Once selected we want to hit "apply" (wait for it to complete), and then we are doing to hit "close". This should bring us back to the main screen and one last time hit "compile". This should show us once again zero errors.

Now we have the DSDT we need! However, we need to save the new DSDT and put it in the right spot. So first you want to hit "save as" in MacIASL and it will ask you where to save your dsdt. Save it to your desktop and overwrite the file already there. IMPORTANT: make sure to add ".aml" extension to it. Once saved we want to go back into our EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched and replace our original dsdt with this one.

Finally, reboot.

If done correctly your USB, Audio, and HDMI Audio will all be working perfectly and you officially "in my eyes" have a wonderful working system. :)

I hope this helps everyone out with the GA-77n-WIFI. I know this is new to everyone so don't be too afraid and make sure to make backups along the way you can revert to.

I'm in a similar situation with GA Z87N wifi.
my onboard ALC 892 sound isn't working.
No App Store, no iMessage, no FaceTime.
video looks good and bluetooth works. Seems very stable.
just need help getting the remaining issues resolved.
i have a working yosemite multibeast install, but new to Clover.
Need help with Clover! :)

Len

Many many thanks. Perfect with your tutorial!!!!!!! :)

I'm in a similar situation with GA Z87N wifi.
my onboard ALC 892 sound isn't working.
No App Store, no iMessage, no FaceTime.
video looks good and bluetooth works. Seems very stable.
just need help getting the remaining issues resolved.
i have a working yosemite multibeast install, but new to Clover.
Need help with Clover! :)

Len

Did you get your sound working?

Try these kexts, install using kext beast, reboot and go to System Preferences>Sound>Internal Speakers

These are the only kexts that work on my H77N-WiFi for sound.

Attachments

• ALC892 noDSDT ML10.8.4.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 213
Haze, thanks for the all the good work. I have a couple questions as I am someone who wants to make the migration to Clover to make iMessage work. I currently have NO problems other than iMessage not working correctly on my current build using Multibeast. Please note that I made my USB on a 2.0 just as you have prescribed, and followed Tonymac's instructions to the tee.

If you can spare me some time to answer these questions/favors I would be much obliged.

1. Can you post your SSDT that you're talking about? or
2. Can you tell me how you extracted the SSDT from multibeast.
3. It looks like I'm getting a Kernel Panic preventing me from getting into the installer. Which bootflags did you use in your config.plist. Can you actually post your config.plist file as well? I am currently using a Nvidia GTX 760 and have no intent on using the IGP on my i7 4770K.
4. Did you boot from the UEFI or the legacy part of the USB? I made the installation file minus the SSDT as I have no clue and I'm a n00b.

Hi thanks for the guide. Have the same mobo!
Would be great if you can post your modified dsdt and ssdt. And also the kext

Will really appreciate!
Thanks

Haze, thanks for the all the good work. I have a couple questions as I am someone who wants to make the migration to Clover to make iMessage work. I currently have NO problems other than iMessage not working correctly on my current build using Multibeast. Please note that I made my USB on a 2.0 just as you have prescribed, and followed Tonymac's instructions to the tee.

If you can spare me some time to answer these questions/favors I would be much obliged.

1. Can you post your SSDT that you're talking about? or
2. Can you tell me how you extracted the SSDT from multibeast.
3. It looks like I'm getting a Kernel Panic preventing me from getting into the installer. Which bootflags did you use in your config.plist. Can you actually post your config.plist file as well? I am currently using a Nvidia GTX 760 and have no intent on using the IGP on my i7 4770K.
4. Did you boot from the UEFI or the legacy part of the USB? I made the installation file minus the SSDT as I have no clue and I'm a n00b.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while... I will clear up a few questions and post some of the files :) a little bit later (can't now at work).

IMPORTANT AUDIO ISSUE: I recently found that my audio is disabled after coming from a deep sleep. Seeing as this is a HTPC / Gaming rig this is no bueno. :)

REASON / SOLUTION: This is actually a known issue with certain builds and after some reading on multiple forums and numerous people saying to just install the Audio kext off multibeast, I found another solution. It was found that this audio problem is tied to some system definitions.... one being MACPRO 3,1 (which is default build for most if not all hackintoshes). More so, this is actually a internal Apple issue with those systems as well so it's not just hacks involved. I actually changed the system definition ( I DID THIS BEFORE ANY NVRAM AND IMESSAGE SETUP!!!!!) to MACPRO 5,1 and remove the one file that will cause you to kernel panic (AppleTyMCEDriver) before rebooting.

The system is now fully working along side no more audio problems :)

On to your questions:

1. Def can do so along with my DSDT and audio compiled kext. My SSDT is for i7 (not overlocked). If you have i5 or overclocking don't use it.
2. I actually had my original install and had multibeast installed on there so grabbing my SSDT (i7 NOT!!! overclocked) was already there. If you have an existing build you can do that or ask for the one you need :).
3. I used zero bootflags. The only one I think you could be getting would be not having SSDT, but that shouldn't be a problem in Clover, it was for Chameleon.
4. I booted using UEFI and literally followed tony macs guide on how to make the USB installer and what to install after booting into the system. if you follow those exactly and then follow my addition you should be good to go. Minus the issue I talked about where my bootloader wouldn't show up for 15 seconds or so and showed me a single white text on black background before going black for for a while and then boot loader showed up.

Check back on this thread in a little bit and will have a zip up with the dsdt, ssdt and my audio compile. :) Unfortunately I can't post any official apple items if requested.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    167.3 KB · Views: 174
@haze295

Thank you a lot man. I followed Tony's clover guide and yours i have a very stable 10.10 yosemite running. The only thing i did not is the usb fix. I have already a dsdt.aml attached to efi folder...and iam afraid of breaking it.... All is working fine...just the usb3.0 ports don't read external hard disks or usbflash drives....but a mouse or keyboard attached works fine....

Z77nwifi
hd4000

@haze295

Thank you a lot man. I followed Tony's clover guide and yours i have a very stable 10.10 yosemite running. The only thing i did not is the usb fix. I have already a dsdt.aml attached to efi folder...and iam afraid of breaking it.... All is working fine...just the usb3.0 ports don't read external hard disks or usbflash drives....but a mouse or keyboard attached works fine....

Z77nwifi
hd4000

use Pjalm's DSDT Patch
http://pjalm.com/forums/index.php

don't worry, will not break your system, I am using it to patch my F3 BIOS, very stable, just works like a real Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back