CPU
i5 3570k
Graphics
GTX 660; HD4000
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok so I have had no issues installing ML on my hackintosh. Used User DSDT method in Multibeast, VoodooHDA for audio, Updated Realtek Gigabit Ethernet to v2.0.6 for built-in LAN, NullCPUPowerManagement and patched AppleRTC. All good except sleep and wake functionality. I am using a Targus Bluetooth dongle with apple wireless keyboard, magic mouse and trackpad. I was able to sleep and wake once - then when I press sleep, the monitor goes blank but the CPU fans still spin and I cannot restart from sleep. I've been reading a bunch on AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement and AppleRTC kext modifications but nothing seems to work. I had full functionality in Lion. Here are my build specs:

ASUS P5G41T-M LX Plus
8 GB DDR3 Ram
Core 2 Quad 2.66GHz 6700 (OC'd to 3.01 GHz)
NVidia GeForce 9800 GTX
Mini PCI-e adapter Athereos Chipset Mac Book Airport Card for Wi-Fi
Pyro 60 GB SSD

MultiBeast Install Kexts:
User DSDT
VoodooHDA 2.0.1
Realtek Gigabit Ethernet to v2.0.6 for 10.7
3rd Party SATA
TrimEnabler
NullCPUPowerManagement
Patched AppleRTC
PCIRootUID=1

Any help would be great!

you shouldnt need nullcpupowermanagement with your cpu.
when using nullcpu, sleep no longer works.

delete it from /s/l/e, repair permissions, restart and see how you get on

Ok so now I can wake from sleep - but only the monitor goes to sleep - the HD and fans are still running. I feel like I'm almost there. Should I use a different AppleRTC patch or maybe the AppleInteCPUPowerManagement.kext?

when you say applertc patch, which do you mean?

a patched AppleInteCPUPowerManagement.kext is only needed for some 1155 boards. you dont need it. (you are already using the appleintel.... kext, as you can boot without nullcpu).

open console.app in the utilities folder, and look for any Wake causes around the time the system should have gone to sleep

Ok - I'll check console when I get back in front of my machine and report back FYI - since removing the NullCPUPow...kext I can put the CPU and monitor to sleep, however when I go to wake the machine only the CPU wakes, the monitor stays asleep....strange

The AppleIntelCPUPowermangement.kext I was using was a patched version for 10.7.4 - but if I don't need it should I remove and repair permissions?

Ok so if I manually put the machine to sleep, I cannot wake it and only the monitor goes to sleep. If I set the sleep timer, only the monitor goes to sleep, but I can wake it. Strange. i attached a screenshot of the console log - the achine went to sleep at 8:32....any thoughts?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-01 at 8.35.04 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-08-01 at 8.35.04 PM.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 358
I have the exact same motherboard, but i cannot get past the installation screen it. It always freezes halfway through. I have followed others instructions about the problem. I have the ML usb drive & keyboard plugged into my 2 front usb ports to work properly.
I am booting with PCIRootUID=0. But i am unsure how to add more boot arguments to that.

Any help would be appreciated!
Craig

p5g41t-m lx plus
EVGA GTX 295 videocard
4 gb ram OCZ (2X2)
150 gb western digital veliciraptor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back