Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Prime Z370-A
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
Vega 64
Hi Guys,

First of all, thank you all so much for having this wonderful community and I am very happy that I was able to build super fast hackintosh my self because of all resource here.

I have a question. I was watching 8k video on Youtube today and realize it does stop every five second. Is it normal? It works beautifully on 4k and I am more than happy for that, but I just want to know that either my machine is not powerful enough to handle it or I have not done fine tune enough so I can't see the high quality video yet?

My system is
Intel core i7 3.19ghz 6core
8GB DDR4
Radeon Rx Vega 64 8176mb

Is anyways to improve the performance?

thanks

It's probably the bottle neck of your Internet speed that is causing the 5 second stops. A Vega 64 should be able to handle 8K streaming. What CPU and motherboard do you have ? If you are using Safari, switch to chrome to view the 8K video and see if that helps.

Last edited:
It's probably the bottle neck of your Internet speed that is causing the 5 second stops. A Vega 64 should be able to handle 8K streaming. What CPU and motherboard do you have ? If you are using Safari, switch to chrome to view the 8K video and see if that helps.

Thanks, It seems like the download fast enough to catch up, but I should download the video and check the performance.
My safari didn't even show the 8k video option on youtube. It seems Crome and firefox work the same way.

My cpu is Intel i7 8700 6core. 3.19ghz. My mother board is Asus Z370

Can anyone watch this 8k video on youtube no problem?
make sure you change it to 8k

Hum, when I watch the video, my cpu work so much but not much for GPU?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 4.30.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 4.30.29 PM.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 103
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back