Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My 8800 gtx seemed to be working fin, I get maximum resolution on my monitor, 1920x1080 and graphics enabler is on yes. When I play youtube videos or any flash videos, the plug in crashes or stutters or if i try to use netflix and silverlight, that crashes as well. I havent loaded in any extra kexts or strings cause lion seemed to recognize it! does anyone know what I can do to fix this so I can watch videos online!

bump, anyone know how i can get the hardware acceleration to work?!?

hey thanks i got it working and now flash works, but i seem to not be able to stream youtube or Netflix in hd, it only works in 480p tops, any suggestions?

Weird, the problem that happens to me is that when I watch too many fullscreen videos, the PC either stalls or shows graphic glitches all over the screen and usually I have to hard reset, but my video card is only 320 MB so I don't know if that's the problem.

Are you absolutely sure you don't have HD disabled in youtube settings and you're getting the Flash player (right click video) instead of the HTML5 player?
Guess that's not the problem though, as netflix also fails for you.

Hey friend, if you're still alive...

I found a workaround. It's not perfect and I'm yet to try it with games but here it goes.

I tried using "NVEnabler 64.kext" and while it gives perfect resolution and all, youtube still doesn't work (both Firefox and Safari show the infamous Plug-in Failure/Crashed message".

So I downloaded EFI Studio, injected the 8800 string on the apple.com.plist (whatever!) and copied the key and string values to my chimera plist.

Now I get the SAME results (apparently) that with using NVEnabled 64, but I downloaded Google Chrome (I hate myself for that, but ...) and youtube now works perfect.

So try with NVEnabler and EFI String injection and see how it goes, provided you don't mind having to use Chrome for Flash videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back