Contribute
Register

8700k: low Geekbench multicore benchmark?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GB Z370 Aorus Gaming 5
CPU
Graphics
ATI 580rx
Mac
  1. iMac
Fixed. Really dumb, but turns out the Aorus Gaming 5 manual is a bit confusing with memory slot configuration. I was accidentally running in single channel!

**original post below**

I just got my new build going.. 8700k, aorus gaming 5 mb, 32gb ram, rx580.

Everything is running well now except my multi core score on Geekbench comes out to ~22,500.. low no? Single core is 5700. I tried overclocking to 4.8ghz and multi core went up to 23500 or so.

I looked online and it seems people get 26000 stock, and get up to 30k-ish @5ghz.

Is there something I need to do to optimize the system? I don’t care much about benchmarks, I’m just concerned there’s a hidden performance issue I’m not aware of.

Last edited:
Hey, good shout. I was just trying to get to the bottom of this myself too. Changed my sticks from slots 1 and 2 to 2 and 4 as recommended for my Rog Maximus X and i've gone from 5594 single core and 22258 multi to an above-average 5980 and 26980 score with no over-clocking :)

I had the same problem with my Asrock Taichi. It was the AVX offset in the BIOS. Change this to 0 or whatever the lowest setting is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back