i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi guys.
i've tried the easy OC setting but the system reboot after Apple logo loads and goes to the final startup screen.
What could be happening?
thanks!!!!

@deantonibrito, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

I ve tried the 5.0 pre setting
But crashed ehile renderinh Cinema 4d file

Cooler h110

Cooler h110

What CPU power management settings are you using?

Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 9.37.00 PM.png

Did u use the motherboards overclocking preset or did you manually do it?

what core voltage did you use for the overclock?

There is some variance of the 8700k chip (silicon lottery) and some processors are running stable 5Ghz at 1.35V others need to go up to 1.4V or even higher.

I need to check! Hiw do i check? Is that screenshot the right thing to do?

Clover configurator app it’s free just google it. Check the threads for 8700k builds and what they are using for CPU power management settings.

Cooler h110

I tried the preconfigured 5GHz setting in BIOS with my motherboard and it proved to be extremely unstable. When I did it all manually, I got a rock solid 5GHz machine that runs 24/7.

There are a lot of factors that can cause instability when overclocking. I suggest reading up more on the topic and/or watch some YouTube videos on the topic.

Also, before you start overclocking, you should make sure that everything is running well at stock speeds.

Did u use the motherboards overclocking preset or did you manually do it?

what core voltage did you use for the overclock?

There is some variance of the 8700k chip (silicon lottery) and some processors are running stable 5Ghz at 1.35V others need to go up to 1.4V or even higher.

+1

The 8700K that I ended up with booted and ran well with AVX offset 1 or 2 @5GHz with 1.350v. But to run 5GHz with AVX offset 0, I had to bump vcore to 1.380v.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back