ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All,

This is my first topic here, so forgive me if this is general knowledge. Last time I checked the boot screen was unavailable for "ANY" ATI card (mine is the 7970).

However during a new system setup with the latest of everything (10.9.4 & Clover install-NO DSDT or SSDT) - I did use the newest gigabyte modded bios - (mod11 f16: http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/48085-gigabyte-modified-bios-271.html)

So I had issues with getting the 7970 to boot without the IGFX connected. With it connected no issues, otherwise I would get a strange curser flashing on the right of the screen- no prompt- just flashing.

Then I remembered that in order to get my other Clover install working, I had IGFX set to primary - but then either disabled or set to AUTO. (I think this is a gigabyte bug?)

Anyway long story short- wasn't I surprised when I booted with IGFX set to primary and turned off- that the 7970 spat out a boot screen and all... Even the Apple logo got spat out... something my other machine just shows a black screen for...

Any ideas? Is this normal behaviour now? (As in normal mac behaviour?)

Cheers
Al

Where you ever able to get the issue fixed? I just installed 10.10.1 with clover and am unable to use my 7970 for graphics. I am going to try setting IGFX to Primary and see if that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back