Contribute
Register

6870 Crossfire

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks A LOT

just ordered via amazon and cant wait till it comes
BTW: are u telling me that the mac pros nowadays dont have CROSSFIRE. Just Curious.

Thanks Anyway for the response.
Omar

I resume this topic cause I don't understand if dual 6870 used without crossfire leads to any kind of performance bost under osx. Thank you

No, dual gpu's in OS X don't work like in Windows,where they work like a single more powerful GPU,but as independent GPU's,you will gain more outputs,but no performance.

So no way to crossfire or similar 2 card? If I set up a xfire of 6870 underwindows, what I will see under osx? It will boot or I have to remove xfire bridge?

So no way to crossfire or similar 2 card? If I set up a xfire of 6870 underwindows, what I will see under osx? It will boot or I have to remove xfire bridge?
That's a good question and i would be interested too if anyone knows if OS X will work with that crossX bridge on

You can leave the bridge in. OS X will ignore it and show your graphics as 2 separate cards if ML gfx drivers work same as SL/Lion drivers do. I don't recall seeing anybody using 2 dual cards in x-fire - be interested to see if they show up as 4 gfx cards in ML.

is the 6870 X2 the same of 2 x 6870 in xfire configuration for osx?

is the 6870 X2 the same of 2 x 6870 in xfire configuration for osx?
Crossfire doesn't work in OS X at all. 2 cards in 2 PCIe slots with a Cross fire bridge connected show as 2 single cards. The bridge is ignored.
As for 2 "cards" attached and on a single PCIe connection - not sure how that would show up - probably show up as 2 discrete gfx cards if it works at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back