Graphics
XFX AMD Readeon 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My xfx 6870 scores a fair amount lower after being waked up from sleep, is this normal?
I'm using novabench to test.

the picture shows before sleep first than 3 times after sleep, note I have GE=yes and get same results. This picture is with booting AtiConfig=Duckweed

thanks,

Jan

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-13 at 4.09.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-13 at 4.09.40 PM.png
    149.4 KB · Views: 165
My xfx 6870 scores a fair amount lower after being waked up from sleep, is this normal?
I'm using novabench to test.

the picture shows before sleep first than 3 times after sleep, note I have GE=yes and get same results. This picture is with booting AtiConfig=Duckweed

thanks,

Jan

never mind, i think its just a novabench issue, geekbench gives me constant results,

Changing system definition to IMac 12,2 fixed the problem for me, katiebug2u explains everything in this thread...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/66596-low-performance-after-sleep-hd6850.html#post427487

Thank you!, I still have a slight drawback tough on 12,2 , gonna try 12,1 now on my back up partition and see if that gives any better results, but this helped allot already :D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-13 at 5.45.19 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-12-13 at 5.45.19 PM.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 125
Thank you!, I still have a slight drawback tough on 12,2 , gonna try 12,1 now on my back up partition and see if that gives any better results, but this helped allot already :D

After a second time sleep score is the same as first run, problem solved, thanks allot!

After a second time sleep score is the same as first run, problem solved, thanks allot!

now having problems with audio cracking, back on mac pro 3,1 and i'm skipping on sleep...

If I change my resolution from 1920x1080 to 1600x1900 and back to 1080 the cards works without a problem again, very weird stuff....

now having problems with audio cracking, back on mac pro 3,1 and i'm skipping on sleep...

FIXED :D

If i use the iMac 12,2 in combination with anti pop (found here http://www.tomsick.net/projects/antipop.html)
This programs stops the sound from going to sleep, this doesnt happen on a mac pro by default but with iMac you need this to do it, works very nice :)
Now having 100% functionality :)

Jan

FIXED :D

If i use the iMac 12,2 in combination with anti pop (found here http://www.tomsick.net/projects/antipop.html)
This programs stops the sound from going to sleep, this doesnt happen on a mac pro by default but with iMac you need this to do it, works very nice :)
Now having 100% functionality :)

Jan
:thumbup:

My Sons Z68X-UD3H Magic Mouse was laggy after sleep & for some reason we had used a Mac Mini definition, this thread reminded me to change to iMac 12.2 & now lag is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back