Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I noticed that my XFX 6850 doesn't work correctly (after a lot of messing around with framebuffers) via HDMI (alone) but does work great with DVI pretty much OOB (with Chimera 1.4). I need to get a better display and all my options are Display Port. Anyone with this working?

Re: 6850 working with Display Port

Hi!

My card is a Sapphire 6850(id 0x6739) and I'm using DisplayPort to a HPzr24w (1920x1200) without problems. It all works fine with latest Chameleon and Multibeast (updated Ati drivers, GraphicsEnabler=Yes)

So, my guess would be that, as long as your card is a reference design, everything should be fine.

Good luck,

Luis

I have an XFX. How can I tell if it's a reference design?

So just got off the phone with XFX. Apparently there is no real reference board design for the 6850 but they said this is really only important for chip placement in regards to liquid cooling. As far as the card bios goes, it seems that everyone is a bit different?

Hi!

So, all I can say is for my exact setup, it works flawlessly, but, of course, I cannot guarantee the same will apply to you.

You'd need someone more knowledgeable than me to help you.

Other than that, I'm sure you could always send your monitor back if your Displayport connection does not work!!!

Good luck,

Luis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back