Contribute
Register

6600XT "working" (sort of) but not recognized in About This Mac and not usable for accelerated processing on Monterey 12.3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
@henderpa
@hardcorefs
keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 are not related to the GPU.
alcid=12 is for the audio.
Most of the Navi cards (as 6600 XT) need agdpmod=pikera.

Yep. they are not....... but i Believe in giving the whole line not selections of it.

the interesting thing is why my 6600 does not need it.

I'm going to add it in to see if anything happens.

Ok tested it with & without & on my system it does not appear to make any difference

@hardcorefs
The key is "Most Navi cards currently require the boot argument agdpmod=pikera to get proper display out". Not all. Mine goes to black screen without it.

damned strange....maybe it's the firmware revision of the cards..., I left it in but still can see no difference.

If it's working. Let it go.
I spent 2 weeks trying to figure out why my Bluetooth was not working.
It was because my RX580 was plugged in to DP. (I figured that out by luck).
Once I switched to HDMI. My Bluetooth started working again. This happened both in Windows and Mac.

I am using a 5700 XT now. No issues at all.

Okey, at least now you have the 6600 well detected. I don't know why your system doesn't like macpro or imacpro. Anyway, you can use it now and, about the plugin,s I don't have FCP and my skills about it are very little.
I suspect there's something I'm missing, something in the config that expects the iGPU, but I'm going to leave it alone since it seems to be running properly now.
Thanks for your help!

I suspect there's something I'm missing, something in the config that expects the iGPU, but I'm going to leave it alone since it seems to be running properly now.
Thanks for your help!
May I know which model is your card ? Is it Asus Dual ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back