6770m
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello guys

I'm planning on installing a hackintosh to my PC.

I have medium level of understanding the process and I have tried it before, however I couldn't get it working.

Now what I have is:

17' MacBook Pro late 2011 (barely using it, so I could use the serial of it to get iMessage working)

The PC:

MSI Z170-A motherboard

i5-6600K

Palit GTX 1080

16GB FuryX DDR4

4x1TB software raided in Windows

M.2 NVME SSD for Windows

USB HDD or a pen drive for OSX

Now I only use UEFI and I want to keep it this way. I don't want to touch the bootloader of windows and I don't want OS X touching my RAID array or the M.2 SSD.

What guide should I follow? I'm not a newbie to this though, so I won't make mistakes like formatting the wrong drive etc.

I would just like to have a working native OS X set up and be able to use software updates.

If anyone would be happy to help me I would really appreciate it. I have used OS X since early 2000s as well as Windows.

Thanks

Hello guys

I'm planning on installing a hackintosh to my PC.

I have medium level of understanding the process and I have tried it before, however I couldn't get it working.

Now what I have is:

17' MacBook Pro late 2011 (barely using it, so I could use the serial of it to get iMessage working)

The PC:

MSI Z170-A motherboard

i5-6600K

Palit GTX 1080

16GB FuryX DDR4

4x1TB software raided in Windows

M.2 NVME SSD for Windows

USB HDD or a pen drive for OSX

Now I only use UEFI and I want to keep it this way. I don't want to touch the bootloader of windows and I don't want OS X touching my RAID array or the M.2 SSD.

What guide should I follow? I'm not a newbie to this though, so I won't make mistakes like formatting the wrong drive etc.

I would just like to have a working native OS X set up and be able to use software updates.

If anyone would be happy to help me I would really appreciate it. I have used OS X since early 2000s as well as Windows.

Thanks
GTX 1000 series is not support on Mac, you will have to use on board video card or purchase a different video card

Oh, so that was the problem when I tried to get it working last time.

I'm happy to use the onboard intel gpu. Shall I just plug in the cable and it will work? I'm not sure if there's an option in BIOS to disable it, however windows cannot see it in the device manager now.

Oh, so that was the problem when I tried to get it working last time.

I'm happy to use the onboard intel gpu. Shall I just plug in the cable and it will work? I'm not sure if there's an option in BIOS to disable it, however windows cannot see it in the device manager now.
yes, you can pull the card out or just plug the cable from monitor to onboard video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back